Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

, We have a model ZDT 312 dishwasher which has stopped

Customer Question

Dear Sir,
We have a model ZDT 312 dishwasher which has stopped showing signs of life when switched on. No light comes on and surprisingly, doesn't want to operate!
I'm wondering if it's a circuit that has gone or a mother board of some kind, but don't know enough so I'm using this service.
I'm contactable on ***********
Many thanks,
***** *****
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

JACUSTOMER-dlcouyxa- : OK Ian, no problem, I'm just having to pop out with my daughter but will have my iPad to hand - would you be able to text me on the mobile I gave you -07702352959? I thought it was a quick response site and so did this thinking I'd have enough time !
JACUSTOMER-dlcouyxa- : just let me know what is best and we can take it from there!
Dales-Electronic :

I'm Sorry Justin I cannot contact you by phone as the system has blanked out the number. However, I need you to give me the full pnc or product code to allow me to look up the specs for you ~ I'm heading out for about an hour too so will come back on here about 11am ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-dlcouyxa- : Hi Ian, ithe serial number is ***** under the model number (ZDT 312) it says : Type: 911D53-1T.
JACUSTOMER-dlcouyxa- : it also has a PNC number 911 535 008 08 - hope that helps!
Dales-Electronic :

If you look on the rating plate it will give you a long number which finishes with usually 00 or 01 or 02 etc this is the number that I need ~ #### gotcha thanks, ***** ***** back to you in about an hour and then we can have a look are you any good with test meters etc?

JACUSTOMER-dlcouyxa- : Ok, I'm out at the mo, but will be back home at about 12.30 after pre-school drop off! I'll have a look for what you're asking for - but I'm not sure where I'd find the rating plate! I got the above info from a panel on the right hand side of the door.......
JACUSTOMER-dlcouyxa- : catch up later...J
JACUSTOMER-dlcouyxa- : I don't have a test meter!
JACUSTOMER-dlcouyxa- : Hi Ian,
JACUSTOMER-dlcouyxa- : hi Ian, I'm back online - I'm on zero double seven zero two, three five two, nine five nine if that helps, as this is going to be easier done over the phone!!! I have school pick up at 3.15 so will leave at about 3.10 just so you know!
JACUSTOMER-dlcouyxa- : Land line is : zero one seven three seven, eight one four, two one seven - cheaper that way!
Dales-Electronic :

OK this is a systematic way of fault finding which you may find is outside your comfort zone. It really needs a multimeter to carry it out or someone with one that knows what he is doing ~ have you such a person handy?

JACUSTOMER-dlcouyxa- : Not really.....
Dales-Electronic :

To be honest you would be better getting and engineer in that is familiar with dishwashers, if you need one I can give you a local guy if you let me have your postcode ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-dlcouyxa- : were at KT205EU......
Dales-Electronic :

OK hold on

Dales-Electronic :

Two companies for you to choose from that cover your postcode. Both are members of the Whitegoods Trade Association with a code of practice ~~

Dales-Electronic :

Paul Shaw Quick Tech 08456 521938

JACUSTOMER-dlcouyxa- : I was going to get a chap called John Holmes of Apex Ltd to come by, but hoped I could get it sorted this way, and buy the part required and install it myself.......the power of the 'net and all that! From having read someone's eleses similar plight online the engineer thought it was the control panel - does this seem likely to you or is it just too hard to say.....!
Dales-Electronic :

John Pereira Serace Engineering 08448 844528

Dales-Electronic :

Would you now kindly rate my service to you using the smiley faces below, this allows me to shut the job down on the system whilst letting you ask further questions free of charge. If you need further help please give me a call ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-dlcouyxa- : Hi Ian, sorry for the delay, busy day with kids, pick up and play dates (they're little!). I'm just calling the first company that you recommended and will surely rate you when I've sorted then problem! Thank you
Dales-Electronic :

It could be anything Justin, starting with the fuse, through the mains filter, on to the on/off switch, the door switch and finally the electronic board. This is why I suggested you get someone in it is a systematic approach to finding the fault rather than just throwing parts at the problem and hoping and risking wasting money. Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Would you now kindly rate my service to you ~ I need to close down the job and cant do this without the rating, once rated you can ask further question on a free of charge basis ~ you can rate me by using the smiley faces below. Thank You ~ Ian