Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

. We have an integrated Caple Frige Freezer Model RI735.

Hi. We have an integrated Caple Frige Freezer Model RI735. It is 3 years old. The warning light is showing red and has an intermitted beep every minute or so. I would be grateful for any suggestions as to what the problem might be. Thanks in anticipation
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Two questions, can you hear the motor running at the back and if you put your head inside the fridge can you hear a hiss as the refrigerant is being pumped around or is it more a gurgle or a hiss with gaps ? ~ Ian

Customer:

Hello Ian. The motor is running. To be honest the only thing I can hear inside the fridge is the motor. I have reduced the temperature of the fridge and freezer and the red warning light has now gone out and the intermittent beep has stopped. Not sure why the problem suddenly occurred. Any ideas ? Thanks Alan

Dales-Electronic :

The red warning light indicates that the appliance is unable to maintain the temperature in the range that You have set, What you need to do now is put some device in the fridge to confirm it is actually cooling the product within the safe temperature range. If you dont have one you can usually get them from Iceland or other supermarkets for about £2 or so. I am a little concerned that You cannot hear the refrigerant gas being circulated ~ Ian

Customer:

Ian. The red warning light came back on with the intermittent beep but has now gone off again. I have listened hard for the refrigerant gas and is probably more of a gurgle and hiss with gaps.

Dales-Electronic :

OK you will need the services of a refrigerant engineer, it seems from what you have told me that you have a shortage of refrigerant or a faulty compressor (motor) as insufficient gas is being pumped around the appliance to maintain the set temperature. If you need an engineer in your area give me a call and I will post a couple. If you decide to get one that you know, make sure he is able to carry out 'system work' as not all appliance engineers can ~ would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, this allows me to close down the job but allows you to ask further questions free of charge if needed. Best regards ~ Ian