George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

There seems to no water coming in to the machine. This is

Customer Question

There seems to no water coming in to the machine. This is a new problem. The machine normally works perfectly and has done for 7 years. No changes to plumbing have ever been made.
Model S5943X2GB/37
Type SD13J1F
Please ring me on 0118(###) ###-#### ***** Campbell
(16.15 Friday 4th March)
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Mr Campbell, my name is George.. Unfortunately we can not ring you as requested as this is an online based service.. Once we have established that you actually do wish someone to call you, we can send you an additional service request for you to request a person to person call.

If you wish me to do this then please feel free to ask me to send you the request.

Please describe to me what is happening when you turn on the appliance and what happens when you press start after selecting your chosen program.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

JACUSTOMER-8a5ljc9w- :

Dear ***** - thanks for coming back - I have paid £27 but dont really know why !! When the machine is set and the door closed, which normally starts the machine, instead it makes a gurning noise and keeps this up until you realise its not working. On re-opening it has obviously been dry although the soap door opened. The nearby sink water supply is 100% as usual. (The water softener supplies the sink as well as the dishwasher.) Is something blocked ? Alastair

George-Allsorts :

Hi Alastair, just to clear up a little for you, we at this side are the engineers that help you.. we have nothing to do with the payments made to JustAnswer. We give you assistance and you rate us on the assistance given to you.

Firstly I need to ask you to check the drain pump that is mounted on the side of the sump for debris... This is a common cause of this.. Also, whilst the pump is off can you ensure that the impellor on the end of the pump can rotate and is not jammed.

George-Allsorts :

If you are unable to do this yourself and require the services of an engineer, let me know so that I can advise you of any that are available within reach of your postcode

JACUSTOMER-8a5ljc9w- :

have removed the filter and explored the sump below - nothing there and cant see an "impeller". on restarting - something is busy whirring about in the sump but not visible - there is a small amount of water in the sump. There is nothintg I can see "on the side " of the sump. There is no debris etc.

George-Allsorts :

Ok..

Please dis-mount the appliance and remove it from its cavity.. Tilt it backwards at a 45 degree angle.. Let me know if any water comes from the rear of the appliance

JACUSTOMER-8a5ljc9w- :

Oh wow - this is major ! the machine is firmly screwed to the worktop ! I think we shall need a local engineer. The postcode here is RG7 6PS - the village of Bucklebury, Berks. Can you supply ?

JACUSTOMER-8a5ljc9w- :

Oh dear ***** I think you may have gone home ! Will await your instructions tomorrow - I need the computer now. Thanks for your help to date.

George-Allsorts :

Hi again Alastair, I have gone home but was awaiting your response so all is well.. I have the information for you...

Here are the two that I have listed that cover your area for Neff Dishwashers

George-Allsorts :

Enterprise Domestic Appliance Services
Tadley
Phone: 0118(###) ###-####
Mobile: 07831 593222
___________________________________

Apple Electrics
Reading
Phone: 0118(###) ###-####/p>

George-Allsorts :

Can I ask you to now take time to assist me by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problems..

The format of the page will then change, but, you can still return at any time to chat to me if you need

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

finally caught up with you via Just Answer - lost contact last night and gave up - thought I was dealing with Neff ! You gave me two numbers to call -Enterprise Domestic Appliances, Tadley: the two numbers are "not recognised": Apple Electrics, Reading: they will ring back (do they work on Saturdays? ?) Alastair

Hi again Alastair, sorry, I am getting both lines down for Enterprise... Please try get him on #07919983812..

Sorry I don't know if Apple work weekends.