George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My hot point wf560 washing machine door will not open after

Customer Question

My hot point wf560 washing machine door will not open after it has finished it's wash. The release mechanism hasn't clicked off and the handle feels loose. What do I do?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if you still have water in the appliance?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

JACUSTOMER-2utzf6v4- : There is no water in the appliance
George-Allsorts :

OK... You will need a screwdriver... are you going to do it now? If so I shall hang with you whilst you do it

George-Allsorts :

Let me know when you are ready

JACUSTOMER-2utzf6v4- : Ok ready now
George-Allsorts :

OK.

George-Allsorts :

Disconnect the power

George-Allsorts :

Pull the machine out undo the screws and remove the lid

George-Allsorts :

Have you done that yet?

George-Allsorts :

Let me know when you have done that and are ready to continue

JACUSTOMER-2utzf6v4- : It's a no go. Can't get the machine out far enough to get the top off. I'll have to get someone else to do it. Thanks for your help.
George-Allsorts :

OK.. let me give you some further instructions so that when your friend comes to help you can continue without further delay

George-Allsorts :

Once the lid is off.. From the front of the appliance reach down the right side to the door lock feel for the Pecker poking through the door lock

George-Allsorts :

Push the pecker toward the center of the door

George-Allsorts :

Once you push the Pecker the door will open ... Once you have got the door open and you are then able to replace the necessary parts in the door that have broken, come back to me and I will be able to give you the part numbers for the door parts that you will need to replace

George-Allsorts :

------------------------------
Please take a moment to rate my assistance.. Please use the smiley faces to do this.

Hi Linda,

I have changed the format to Q&A so that I can keep track of the responses a little better. However, you can still continue to ask me questions if you feel the need for further assistance.

Please assist me by rating the help given to you.. This is a necessary action if I am to get credited for assisting you with your issue.

George

Hi Linda, George here,

I am writing to see how you got on with the problem you had with your washing machine, and to see if there is any further assistance you need ie Locating replacement parts, Arranging an engineer callout, etc.

Also, I know you thanked me for the assistance given, but you didn't rate the assistance. I know you have paid but I do not get paid for helping you until the assistance given is rated.. So I would appreciate it if you could return to rate the assistance.