Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Can you tell me how to reassemble the blade on a trimmer model

Can you tell me how to reassemble the blade on a trimmer model 9916. I have a black blade with 2 holes, another blade much larger in bear metal with two holes and a black plastic component with various holes and lugs plus two shaped head screws.
The business end of the main body of the trimmer has 2 sprung wires poking forward underneath is a shaft which describes an eccentric path when the unit is switched on. A assembly diagram would be helpful.
Thank you for your help Peter
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

I assume we are talking about a 'strimmer' could you let me have the manufacturer of the product please ~ Ian

Customer:

Hello Ian. The WAHL product is a beard trimmer which bears the model ref 9916. It belongs to my grandson who has lost the box and paperwork that came with it. It measures approx. 6" long by just over 1" wide. It's finished in shiny Chrome plastic with black plastic hand grip It is supplied with a mains charger. Hope this helps.

Dales-Electronic :

I have looked through all the technical information we have here together with the international Wahl sites and can find no diagrams covering you model. In an attempt to get you the information you require I will opt out and perhaps my American colleges will be able to help ~ Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Adam,

I would like you to continue to find the answer to this one. There are just a few parts to assemble that the solution must be very simple, just that I "don't have the knack"

I would hope you will have an answer by Tuesday evening as I am taking the shaver to my Grandson in Rotterdam on Wednesday.

Perhaps there is a jig of some kind as trying to hold the blades in place while refitting the screws is impossible with just ten fingers! I will appreciate any help you can give.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Your colleague has given up on me and has directed me to people in USA.

Is this something that you can do or do I have to do it myself. If I were to order a new blade would it come with fitting instructions?

Thanks for your help.

According to the information I have to hand the head comes readily assembled, this was why I was unable to help the first time around. They don't give out instructions because they don't have it in bits.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the latest information. It looks like I need to take it to a repair shop. I am in Ashford in Kent but WAHL don't give much help in finding local service agents. Do you have a more comprehensive list?

Peter Brumwell

The issue that you have is that most appliance companies only do medium and large value products ie with a market value of £150 plus. The small appliances are normally a return to base product with a few consumables such as bags belts and heads. There is no money in small appliances when you can get a new trimmer for about £25 and a repair shop would have to charge you £35+ to carry out a repair. I would suggest that you contact WAHL directly and see if they have a repair service or will do you a deal on a new product ~ Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Ian for a very honest reply to my problem. In other words don't waste time looking for an instruction sheet because there isn't one.

It did throw me back on my own resources own and back to my work bench where I normally build model locomotives, I was able to fashion a jig from bits of wood and elastic bands. At about 2.am this morning I finally got it back together and it now works perfectly.

Peter

.