Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

, I have a Cannon Stafford gas cooker and the oven works

Hi, I have a Cannon Stafford gas cooker and the oven works great on gas 6 plusand above but when I turn it down to a lower number, the flame goes out completely. This has only just started happening.
is it fixable, if so what would be an estimated cost please?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Could you let me have the model number of this appliance as I need to check and see if it has a flame failure device or not ~ Ian

Customer:

I have checked the appliance ( which is a cannon stratford) and there is no model number detailed. I also have the handbook but there is no model number on that either. It does not say anything in the booklet about a flame failure device other than if it goes out not to attempt to relight before a minutes lapse. There is a safety feature on the hob, the flames extinguish if the lid gets closed.

Dales-Electronic :

Inside the main oven door below the cavity on a label? The Stratford is a range not a particular model ~ the safety device in the lid is a shut off valve to ensure that should the lid be accidently drop or be closed the flame doesnt crack the lid glass. the ffd is there to switch the gas supply off should the flame go out when say you open the back door and a rush of air into the house blows out the oven flame.

Dales-Electronic :

Should be 5 figures followed by a letter usually starts 10...g

Customer:

Model no 10532g

Dales-Electronic :

OK you have one or more of the following faults - a. There is a fault with the flame failure device or its sensor is not in the flame, b. The oven thermostat is faulty or its sensing element is not in the flame or c. the jet is partially blocked. So firstly check that the two sensors are actually in the flame and are able to sense the heat if not move them so that they are. If you think you have a problem with a partially blocked jet then You will have to get a 'gas safe' registered engineer to check the oven out. If you need a qualified engineer let me have your postcode and I will give you a couple to chose from ~ Ian

Customer:

Thanks Ian.....I will check out as you have advised in the morning and will come back to you tomorrow. Thanks.

Dales-Electronic :

ok