Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Bosch excell washing machine the start pause button

I have a Bosch excell washing machine the start pause button is not lighting up so machine won't power on put washing on today and it stopped half way through cycle showing fault,took washing out and now the start pause butto won't work to power it on?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Could you give me the full ENr from the rating place in the door area together with the fault code shown ~ Ian

Customer: Wvd2452bgb/01 I don't know fault code number as can't k
Customer: get start button to go on.
Dales-Electronic :

I take it you have no lights on the appliance at all?

Customer: The front screen is lit were it normally shows drying time and programme running,but the pause start buttons not lit so you can't chhoose a programme.
Dales-Electronic :

OK how handy are you with tools?

Dales-Electronic :

And how old is the appliance?

Customer: Very handy. It's six years old in June.
Dales-Electronic :

OK firstly power off, then you will have to take the top off the appliance and get access to the facia and its pcb. you will need to check if you have a problem with the button assembly or with the pcb, it is quite common for the actual actuator to break off the pcb which leaves you pushing fresh air rather than the start button ~ Ian

Customer: The button is stuck In.
Dales-Electronic :

OK I understand that but you will need to release the pcb from the facia to get at the button, once the pcb is out you will be able to see if there is any damage to the pcb or facia and rectify if necessary ~ Ian