Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

, I have a Siemens built in oven model HB96576SB The timer

I have a Siemens built in oven model HB96576SB
The timer display has changed from an English language to German. How do I re set please?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Would you kindly let me have the full ENr of the appliance it will end with /0* the model you have listed is not recognized ~ Ian

Customer:

The appliance was made in Germany but bought in the UK in Birmingham from a kitchen appliance supply shop

Customer:

the full number is ***** HB96576GB /01 FD8401

Dales-Electronic :

Just to keep you in the loop, we can find no information on how to reset the timer and further conversations with Siemens UK has also drawn a blank. However, they have sent an email request to Germany and I should have the information back for you soon ~ sorry for the delay ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

I have once again spoken to Siemens who advise that this oven does not have a display, would you kindly forward a picture as an email attachment to ~ dales.electronic(at)btopenworld.com ~ so that I can have a look at the problem you have ~ Ian

Customer:

I have written email with pictures bit having problems sending to your e mail quoted in last teply

Dales-Electronic :

The computer doesn't let us send email address so remove the (at) and replace it with an @ and it should go through ~ Ian

Customer:

Dales-Electronic :

Morning I have just sent a chase-up email to Siemens asking for a response to our query - will come back to you as soon as I have some information ~ Ian

Customer:

Hi you are asking for rating which I will be please to give but not yet received a final answer you have sent details to Siemens who have not yet replied if I receive the solution to resetting the language I will be happy to give you an excelent

Dales-Electronic :

That is fine, the rating request is generated by the system, forget that until we have resolved the problem ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

OK I have this morning received an answer from Bosch Germany ~ unfortunately it is not possible for you to reset the clock, the clock or display module has to be replaced. This will entail an engineer visit, cost of parts is about £100 each so perhaps a decision as to viability is in order. To be honest I am quite shocked to get this information but I guess we are in a disposable age. If you would like to try and do this yourself I can get a link to a company that will supply the part directly to you. Would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below. Ian

Customer:

Ian

Customer:

Ian, Many thanks for trying. Obviously not the reply I had expected and for the price of the part I will put up with the fault. Obviously Siemens engineering is not as good as they think it is