George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

, I have a maytag td 40 condenser dryer that has stopped

Customer Question

I have a maytag td 40 condenser dryer that has stopped mid program.
There is power to the main switch (illuminates), however there is no display or lights on the programmer screen & the dryer will not operate. Nor are there any fault codes.
Any advice would be very welcome.
Many thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you give me the model information from the data label on the appliance please

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

JACUSTOMER-v2sr7iu0- : Model number MDE5505AES
George-Allsorts :

Thanks for the information... I need to go look at the manufacturers information for this model.. I will return soon

George-Allsorts :

Unfortunately I have no information available at this time for that model..

I can either opt out to see if someone can come to your aid a little sooner, or, I can try get the information whilst at work tomorrow..

Do you have a preference?

George-Allsorts :

Sorry Jeremy

JACUSTOMER-v2sr7iu0- : Have a go at getting some info tomorrow if you would please George.
George-Allsorts :

OK, will do.. I shall come back to you as soon as I have accessed some

George-Allsorts :

Jeremy, Is there a lable on the back of this model with a service code... If so what is it?

George-Allsorts :

If it is not there, can you get me the serial number

George-Allsorts :

Jeremy, can you take off the lid and look at the front above the drum, there is a wiring group there.. Can you check the wiring group and the plug and connector for security and connection, as this is reported as the most common cause of the fault you have

George-Allsorts :

Let me know what you find

George-Allsorts :

-----------------------------
Hi Jeremy,

Just a follow-up to see if the latest suggestion sorted the problem or if you still have an issue that can be attended to..

Please let me know if there is any further assistance that can be given.