George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My double oven is a DY46 Mk2 Serial no ********* Last night

Customer Question

My double oven is a DY46 Mk2 Serial no ********* Last night after I switched on the lower fan assisted oven the house circuit breaker operated. When I had restored power the fan on the oven came on but no heat was generated. The top oven functioned satisfactorily. I am assuming there is a problem with the element? Will it need replacing and how much will it cost please? Stuart Mosley
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Stuart, my name is***** you confirm that this is the Hotpoint DY46 MkII that you are referring to?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

JACUSTOMER-crxj137p- :

Hello George. Yes DY46 Mk2.

George-Allsorts :

Thank you for confirming that.. One moment whilst I produce you a link to go straight to the element that you need

George-Allsorts :

Hotpoint IRCA Fan Element for DY46 MkII

DISCOUNT
When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount

George-Allsorts :

Are you intending to change it yourself or get an appliance engineer to change it?

JACUSTOMER-crxj137p- :

Is it a job I could do safely?

George-Allsorts :

It depends on your capabilities... ie. bending, eyesight etc.

George-Allsorts :

It is not a hard job and can be completed normally within 30 mins by a competent person under instruction

George-Allsorts :

However, an appliance engineer will cost you in the region of £50 to do the job

JACUSTOMER-crxj137p- :

Would you take me through the process?

George-Allsorts :

I certainly will... Once rated, I stay with you and assist as must as possible

JACUSTOMER-crxj137p- :

Sorry not used this service before. Should I rate you now?

George-Allsorts :

If you rate me no, the page will change to Q&A.. The format looks different but you will be able to get back to me as soon as the element arrives and we can then go step by step through the fitting.. You can also leave messages for me when I'm not available and vise versa

George-Allsorts :

now not no

George-Allsorts :

That should read "If you rate me now, the page will change to Q&A.."

JACUSTOMER-crxj137p- :

So I rate you positively and that means you get the £20 but I can then order the element and on delivery contact you again for fitting advice. Is there a code number to use to identify myself again.?

George-Allsorts :

We do not receive your payment.. JA receives that. We do not have anything to do with the payment side of things. We are purely the engineers and advisors that assist you with your queries

You login to JA and go to My Questions to get back to me.

JACUSTOMER-crxj137p- :

Ok. Thanks for your help.

George-Allsorts :

You're very welcome

Hotpoint IRCA Fan Element for DY46 MkII

DISCOUNT