George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

The seal inside the glass panes on a De Dietrich main oven

The seal inside the glass panes on a De Dietrich main oven door is broken and I want to replace it. The model is FX4827E31. I can find spares for the rope style gasket that runs inside the door but not the rubber seal for the glass panes. I do not need the seal that actually goes on the oven frontage.
Part of the rubber has come out and it is a triangular shaped piece of rubber with a rivulet running through the top. Two sides ar 5.5mm and the underneath is 5mm with a deeper groove in it.
Is there another generic solution that would be suitable in terms of style and obviously able to withstand at least 250 degrees C? Any other solutions you can recommend?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you look at the image below and tell me which part of the door you require.

FX4827E31 Door Diagram

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

George-Allsorts :

FX4827E31 Door Diagram

Customer:

I think it is possibly 95047127 if that is a rubber real for inside the glass panesin the oven.

Customer:

I must have pressed a button tooo soon. I need to add that it looks from this diagram that there are just two pieces

Customer:

on either side and not a complete rectangle of rubber seal that I was expecting. It is possible that if that is the case I could reuse the seals that are in there already. Because one of them came out completely I thought it was cut through wear and tear. The one that came out measures 40cm I think that possibly the one on the other side has fallen partly into the transparent window area which lead me to believe that there was a rectanglur seal between the two panes of glass. There isn't? Just want to check with you what parts 95046122 and 95046123 do?

George-Allsorts :

95047127 is available and yes there are two of them... They fit between the metal and the outer glass

George-Allsorts :

The other two parts that you have asked about are seals - One is to protect the glass against the metal window of the inner door panel and the other is to seal the inner panel against the inner part of the door

George-Allsorts :

95047127 is reusable as you have identified

George-Allsorts :

Be careful if taking the door apart that you get the glass parts in the correct order when refitting as they are different glass parts and are meant to be in the correct order and the correct facing direction

Customer:

Thank you for the advice on the fitting. I see there were a lot of typos in the night - on my part. OK I'm hoping that when I take the main oven door apart that all I need to do is reposition the two strips at the edges of the door. Is there a rectangluar seal inside the main oven door at all and if so are either of these part numbers relevant i.e parts 95046122 and 95046123?

George-Allsorts :

As far as memory goes. you have the main glass, then the larger metal with the two/four edge strips on it, then glass, then large hard oblong separator, then glass again, then seal then smaller metal... Having the door in front of you works better.

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair