George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

my zanussi ZEV6240fba ceramic hob displays L on all 4 hob indicators.

my zanussi ZEV6240fba ceramic hob displays L on all 4 hob indicators. how can i reset or fix this??
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you supply the product code from underneath the hob or on the reverse of the instruction booklet please

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

pnc no is ********* App no is 55HAD54AO

George-Allsorts :

The pnc that you just typed has not shown up... can you re-type it with a # ***** preceding the numbers

Customer:

#942116605

George-Allsorts :

George-Allsorts :

There is nothing coming up as either a selection or an error code in either the User Manual or the Service Manual for that appliance... Is it possible for you to take a photo of the hob in this condition and post it here or text it to my works mobile #07787182156

Customer: Have sent it to your phone.
George-Allsorts :

OK thank you... I shall investigate this and come back to you

George-Allsorts :

Just something to try whilst I am awaiting a reply from the office... Can you press and hold your finger on a zone key for 4 seconds to see if it is a lock

Customer:

no luck I'm afraid still stuck on L

George-Allsorts :

OK.. thank you for trying that...

It may take the office a while to come back to me about this, especially since it is in niether documents for the model.. I shall let you know as soon as we have some information for you.

Customer:

thank you

George-Allsorts :

I have received information from one of the office guys who has suggested that you press and hold the (-) for a few seconds

Customer:

i have tried many combos suggested by the forums.I have now tried holding the minus button, no effect i'm afraid like you i can find no reference to a lock function. If there was a real problem I assume i would get an E. There has been no boiling over or liquid intrusion into the electrics. really at a loss to explain the problem and the L

George-Allsorts :

Likewise... But I am by no means at the end of the list of my attempts to get to the bottom of this problem, and unfortunately, this has happened at a time of the day when all sources of information are shut down... I will resume this in the morrow if you don't mind

Customer:

that sounds ok to me. I look forward to your suggestions - thank you

George-Allsorts :

I have sent you a text regarding your hob

Customer: I shall be happy to rate your service as excellent when we resolve the issue fully. It was great to hear a voice on a phone.
George-Allsorts :

Can you send me the following by text; do not leave any personal details here ..

PNC
Model Number
Serial Number
Date of Purchase
Retail Details
Name
Address
Telephone Number

Once I have got them, I shall have an account set-up for you, together with a reference number for your problem... Once this is done, all details being representative, we can get you an engineer to sort the problem with the software or replace the faulty part

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for the info.. I will get onto sorting the problem

Hi Alan,

Just getting back to you to find out how you got on... Did the engineers arrive, and more to the point did they sort your problem?

regards
George