George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Bosch SMS 6032 dishwasher. The on/off switch won't

I have a Bosch SMS 6032 dishwasher. The on/off switch won't stay in on. If I hold the button in the appliance runs, but if I take my finger off the switch pops out and it turns off. Can I fix it myself?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you supply the full Enr and FD from the topm metal part of the door please

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: E-NR SMS6032GB/08
Customer: FD 7212 033677
George-Allsorts :

I have received it thanks... I am checking on the availability of the part for you

George-Allsorts :

Hello, unfortunately, after extensive searches for the switch-bank part that you need (part no #00087792), although yes, you could replace the part yourself, the part is no longer available, and I have exhausted all avenues that I am aware of to attempt to get you a source for the part needed.

I have spoken to Bosch and they have asked that you get in touch with them on #0344-892-8979 and they are going to check to see if the part is to become available again, and if so, when.

Customer: OK - thanks very much George.
Customer: Is there a possibility I can repair the one faulty switch - clean it, maybe?
George-Allsorts :

Well, it depends on what has gone wrong with the switch... However, although I would think that it is possible for you to change the switch-bank, I think it would be more appropriate for an engineer to attempt any repair of such.

George-Allsorts :

I can advise you of local appliance engineers if you let me know your postcode

Customer: OK - many thanks. I'll contact Bosch, and see if they have a service manual to guide with extracting the panel, and if they can advise on when/if parts may be available again.
George-Allsorts :

OK.. I do hope you have some success with this

George-Allsorts :

------------------------------------
Please take a moment to rate my assistance to you this evening..