Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a Hotpoint oven model number SHL 532 XS and recently

We have a Hotpoint oven model number SHL 532 XS and recently food being cooked burns on the top seemingly in the last few minutes of cooking.
1. Should the grille element get hot when the oven is on ?? could this be the reason??
2. Can the grille element be removed to enable the roof of the oven to be cleaned properly??
Tony Ash
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK the grill is operated independently of the fan oven and whilst it may get hot as a result of the heat from the fan oven element it should not glow, if so you have a oven selector problem. The temperature of both fan oven and grill is set by the thermostat

Dales-Electronic :

Regarding the grill and cleaning above, it should be possible with the goven s

Dales-Electronic :

oven switched off to slightly loosen the grill retaining screws carefully to allow you to clean above the element as it hangs slightly downwards. It is not however designed to be removed on a day to day basis to clean above it. - Ian