George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have Caple CR1200 dual fuel range. I think the cooling fan has had it sounds like a good

I have Caple CR1200 dual fuel range. I think the cooling fan has had it sounds like a goods train! I have had the back off but access to fan wasn't obvious the air conveyor and funnel look like they are riveted not screwed in so I could not actually see the fan. do I need t take another layer off the back ie all the electrics to access it ? Any ideas on how to access it would be appreciated
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** fan on these is screwed onto a round plate which is in turn screwed to another plate, which is screwed to the back of the oven if I recall correctly...

If I am recalling the correct one then you have to remove the back panel, then remove all the insulation and its retaining wires, then undo another panel and the fan along with the element is bolted to that panel... Replace the necessary parts and then replace in reverse order.

It is a while since I have done one of these DeLonghi build appliances, so if I have missed something please excuse me... But one poing to note... Be careful of the gas hose when removing and replacing the panels and putting the cooker back into position.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: So I guess I will have to take everything off the back to access the cooling fan.? Is there no other information I can give you to make sure I get this right? it seems really complicated to access this fan in the way you suggested. I was under the impression that the cooling fans are usually easily accessible
George-Allsorts :

You could call me on my works mobile #07787182156 and we can chat about what you actually see.. Photo's to the same number

George-Allsorts :

Also, you could send me the diagram that you have been sent..

I actually mis-understood you ..I thought you meant the oven fan.

George-Allsorts :

I you mean the cooling fan, some of them are under the turret that is underneath the hob

George-Allsorts :

If you wish I can opt out to see if someone else can assist you any better on this?

Customer: It's definitely the cooling fan and as you say it's under the turret which is defined as air conveyor and funnel on their diagram so is it remove the hob or still through the back that's what I really need to know. Will try to photo diagram and send to phone though it will be much clearer in an email thanks
George-Allsorts :

I have just spoken to Caple and they are sending the documents to me so that I can assist you.. I am just awaiting them arriving

George-Allsorts :

Documents arrived, so now I can see what you see...

I will be heading off home in a few moments and will pick-up your problem from there

Customer: Have forwarded some photos hope they make sense!
George-Allsorts :

Caple Fan

George-Allsorts :

Just to reiterate our chat.. The order in which you need to take off the parts to get at the fan:

Remove the pan-stands and other hob-top parts
Remove the knobs from the front
Remove the screws from the rear and from the top of the hob
Lift-up the hob,undo the earth cable from underneath, and remove the hob
Undo the screws from the turret covering the fan
Undo the clamps holding the gas rail
Lift-up the gas rail to remove the turret and replace the fan.

If you get stuck.. feel free to ring me

Customer:

Many thanks. Will order the part tomorrow and let you know. Mary

George-Allsorts :

You're very welcome

George-Allsorts :

You got that part very quickly...

Glad to hear your good news... Let me know how it goes with the bulb issue.

Customer: George, got fan for £59.99 from E4element there was free posting but paid extra 5.99 for next day delivery. Excellent service. Don't know if you got last message that I can't rate service until your reply is finished.
George-Allsorts :

Hi Gill, thanks for letting me know; I hadn't heard of them.

You can rate when you are ready now..

regards

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair