Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

With an Electolux EKC 6044 ovem double element grill, which

Customer Question

With an Electolux EKC 6044 ovem double element grill, which element comes on for low temp settings 0.4 KW (outer) or 1.9KW (inner)?
Also, are the live leads to the elements colour coded eg red to outer?
Any advice much aoppreciated
Ron
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you kindly let me have the product code for this oven and I will see if I can get hold of a wiring diagram for it ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-h2cf88de- :

Oven is EKC 6044/5 Electrolux Insight. Element is ********** /em>

Dales-Electronic :

No that is the model number, I need either the product code or pnc number which will be on the rating plate please.

JACUSTOMER-h2cf88de- :

I do not have access to the oven - it is with a friend some way away. I am preparing myself to go and fit the element.

Dales-Electronic :

Has the original element been removed?

JACUSTOMER-h2cf88de- :

yes - but i don't have it

Dales-Electronic :

OK this is the conundrum, there are 15 different versions of this model covering the manufacture dates 2002 - 2006. There are also two different colours white or black. If you can get me the pnc/product code I can give you specific wiring instructions, without it we would just be guessing ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-h2cf88de- :

OK - but can I come back with the info tomorrow? I guess the model is one of the last -? 2006 - and I seem to remember that the neutral was black and the lives red and yellow - but not absolutely sure.

Dales-Electronic :

OK cant you get hold of your friend and get them to give you the pnc? I will try and work out which one it is using the last manufacturing dates ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-h2cf88de- :

Fraid not - she is a 95 year old lady!

Dales-Electronic :

OK well if push comes to shove and you have internet connection we can work it out when you get there

JACUSTOMER-h2cf88de- :

OK but what do you think of this?

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry of what?

JACUSTOMER-h2cf88de- :

1. Assume thatouter (0.4KW) element comes on for low temps eg 100degC and inner (1.9KW0 for high. Manual says it glows red on full

JACUSTOMER-h2cf88de- :

2. Cannect up both elements and neutral. Turn on to 100degC. If outer warms up the OK. If inner then swap live leads over then should be OK. All connections done with element screwed in place and power off.

JACUSTOMER-h2cf88de- :

Does this make sense to you?

Dales-Electronic :

Normally on a double oven, the outer element is actually the top oven element rather than anything to do with the grill which is the centre wiggly element. ie, you have upper oven element/grill element combined in one assembly whilst the lower top oven element is below the cavity base.

JACUSTOMER-h2cf88de- :

Makes sense. OK so I just need to do as above but see if it is the oven or the grill which comes on when I try it out. %0% chance of getting it right.

Dales-Electronic :

I would connect up one of the two single wires (red or yellow) and assuming that black is the common wire, then switch it to grill and hope that the grill comes on, if not you have connected the wrong wire, switch it off and change them over and try again. Once you are happy that the grill works correctly, power off and connect the spare wire to the vacant connector and check that it comes on with the top oven in play ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-h2cf88de- :

Many thanks - will do. I had thought that outer AND wiggly element were part of grill - now it makes sense. GOOD SERVICE Ian.

Dales-Electronic :

Once you have rated my info you can still come back on later tomorrow and ask further questions if needed ~ Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.