George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

What was the original retail price of an Austroflamm DOMUS

What was the original retail price of an Austroflamm DOMUS wood burning stove with powder blue porcelain cladding. I have a show room demonstration model that has not been used since purchase in 2009 and am trying to assess current value pending sale.
*****@******.***
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is George.. Are you asking for the 'original price in 2009' or the 'Original current price before discount' of a new Astroflamm DOMUS?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

Hi George, We are wanting to sell, but need to know the likely current value. I don't think the Domus model with its porcelain cladding, is still available in the Austroflamm range, so it would be useful to know its retail price around 2008/9 or alternatively the nearest specification replacement model's list price and net after retail discount.

Customer:

Many thanks,

Customer:

Alan Thompson

George-Allsorts :

The retail of one of these fires currently if bought new is approx £7000 +vat, but that is if you can find any.. The price could be a little higher if you went to purchase the blue one, as the coloured versions always commanded a little more than the white version.

George-Allsorts :

A secondhand one in good condition can fetch around £3500

George-Allsorts :

Does that help you Alan?

George-Allsorts :

So showroom used version would get between the two figures

Customer:

Thanks, ***** ***** Domus model still available - I could not find any reference to it on the Austroflamm website?

George-Allsorts :

One moment Alan

George-Allsorts :

Here is a white one... Ex showroom, and at roughly the same as I have told you

Click here

George-Allsorts :

I can only find that one.. all the others I see on the internet seem to be copies in version

George-Allsorts :

It isn't still available as far as I know.. or not in its original form

George-Allsorts :

-----------------------------------------
Can I ask you to rate the assistance in answering you query...
Please remember that you are rating me personally and the answer given to you, not the site or anything else...

Customer:

Many thanks George, you've been a great help.