Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a bosch tasssimo coffee maker that has stopped working.

Customer Question

I have a bosch tasssimo coffee maker that has stopped working. I have tried to descale it but no luck
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

good morning

Michael :

are you there?

Michael :

how old is your coffee maker?

JACUSTOMER-mj7lmdh5- :

not sure

Michael :

about?

Michael :

over 2 years?

JACUSTOMER-mj7lmdh5- :

over 1 year

Michael :

thank you,

Michael :

when you try to run a cycle what exactly happens?

JACUSTOMER-mj7lmdh5- :

the lit up cup shows red

Michael :

does it make any sounds like its trying to brew?

JACUSTOMER-mj7lmdh5- :

no

Michael :

was the water stream weak just before this happened?

JACUSTOMER-mj7lmdh5- :

don't understand question

Michael :

when you were making coffee before this problem, did it take longer to brew or was it fine?

JACUSTOMER-mj7lmdh5- :

it was fine

Michael :

thank you, ***** ***** live in a hard water area?

JACUSTOMER-mj7lmdh5- :

I live in Brighton not sure if hard water area

Michael :

hi thanks yes it is a hard water spot

Michael :

in this case, your coffee maker may be still covered under the manufacturers warranty for up to 2 years

Michael :

but please try this a few times to see if it will clear the blockage

Michael :
1

Make a mixture of 3 cups white vinegar to 6 cups water-- enough to fill the pot. For a stronger solution (which might be necessary if this is the first time you've cleaned your coffee maker since you got it three years ago) make a mixture that is half vinegar and half water instead. Here are some alternative mixtures:

• a pot's worth of water and two denture tablets. Remember to dissolve the tablets in a separate container of water and not the coffee maker water reservoir. Undissolved tablets can make the rinsing process lengthy.

• dissolve 1 oz of citric acid in 4 cups of hot water, then add 4 cups of cold water to the mixture.[1]

• this mixture can clog and ruin your coffee maker! You can resolve this issue by running white vinegar through the coffee maker with 75% success rate

Michael :

if this doesnt help but it should, you would need to contact Bosch on this for repair

JACUSTOMER-mj7lmdh5- :

I have tried to descale according to manufacturers instructions but to no avail

Michael :

please try my suggestion, it works much better;-)

Michael :

I use, 50 % white vinegar and 50% water to do this and I let the solution sit overnight the first time to be sure it has enough time to clear the blockage

JACUSTOMER-mj7lmdh5- :

ok. how much vinegar should I use and should I remove the water filter first

Michael :

yes remove any water already in the machine.

Michael :

use, 50 % white vinegar and 50% water

Michael :

on this machine you should have a 75% success rate after doing this.

Michael :

I will stick with you until the unit is fixed properly.

But please rate my service thus far to you before closing this page.

It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost until you have this repair complete;-)

Tech Michael

JACUSTOMER-mj7lmdh5- :

are you still there

Michael :

once you rate my service, I can then set you up with me on Q & A so you can contact me anytime at no additional cost for further advice on this. Also once you rate you will see a message from me that you simply need to respond to to contact me anytime;-)

Michael :

Im still here

Michael :

if the de scaling doesnt work for you I will find you further information and where to get the part you need and help you replace that, its easy to do no soldering;-)

Michael :

Please rate kindly at this time and I will set us up on Q & A so we can continue until your coffee maker is fixed properly.

Michael :

are you here?

Michael :

I will set up up on Q & A since I haven't seen a response from you

Michael :

please rate before closing this age and I will stick with you.

Michael :

no additional cost to rate my service to you today;-)

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Christine,
I'm here for you if you still have the problem. I will help you fix that if you end up needing the internal spout and pump.
Please rate kindly and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi My name is ***** ***** were speaking yesterday about my bosch tassimo coffee maker. I did as you suggested with vinegar and water but still not working. Do you have any other suggestions?