George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

competence b2100-4 fan runs but oven does not heat up

Customer Question

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you provide me with the PNC / Product code of the appliance please

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

JACUSTOMER-8bey4sov- :

product code label no longer on appliance as was removed some time ago when fan motor was replaced will this cause you a problem. yes i have pulled oven out of mounting removed door ect

George-Allsorts :

OK. is there not a label on the rear of the appliance?

JACUSTOMER-8bey4sov- :

no

George-Allsorts :

do you know from memory if it is a 2004 or a 2006 appliance?

JACUSTOMER-8bey4sov- :

2006 i think. it was installed late 2005 or early in 2006

George-Allsorts :

OK.. if you look inside the oven, can you see a grill panel at the rear with 4 screws in it?

JACUSTOMER-8bey4sov- :

yes can see fan behind it

George-Allsorts :

Can you make sure the power is off, undo those screws and remove the panel...

JACUSTOMER-8bey4sov- :

ok power already will remove cover. be back asap

George-Allsorts :

OK

JACUSTOMER-8bey4sov- :

done

George-Allsorts :

Can you see the element surrounding the fan... it should have 3 screws in it

JACUSTOMER-8bey4sov- :

can see element but only 2 screws at top to mount it

George-Allsorts :

OK that's fine... That element is what will be the cause of your 'no heat'.. you'll need to buy a new one

George-Allsorts :

The part number for the element for your cooker and the link to buy it is 3871425108

George-Allsorts :

If you are buying from the link I have given you, discount is available:
To get discount, when you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount

George-Allsorts :

Can I ask you to rate the assistance given to you today.... Once you have rated the assistance given, and you have received your new element, you can come back to me to assist you with replacing it at no further cost

JACUSTOMER-8bey4sov- :

ok thanks one problem will this link allow me to purchase from the republic of ireland

George-Allsorts :

I can't see why not, but if it doesn't, let me know and I'll find you another supplier

George-Allsorts :

I have just checked and the facility to change from £ to Euro is on the front page at the top

JACUSTOMER-8bey4sov- :

ok will do

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi george just to let you know had a problem with checkout page but no worries ordered part from irish supplier to ensure quicker delivery.Many thanks for your help. Regards Ian. PS Should have thought of element myself heyho

No problem Ian.. Thanks for letting me know..