George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

, I have a Bosch Classix 7 Varioperfect washing machine.

Hi, I have a Bosch Classix 7 Varioperfect washing machine. when you select a program the relevant timing comes up on the display but the start/reload button is flashing and makes a double beep when pressed. The program does not start. There is no child lock button lit and the door appears closed. I have tried holding the start button for 10 seconds and also have tried switching the machine off at the wall for a few minutes.Help!!
Steven
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you supply the Enr and FD from the data label on the appliance please

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

the following information is on the sticker

Customer:

WAE24368GB, ********* ********** /p>

George-Allsorts :

Hi, thanks for posting the Enr for me.. The issue you are having is noted to be due to a Defective Door Lock or a Door Open problem

George-Allsorts : Bosch Washing Machine Door Interlock Switch

If you are buying from the link I have given you, discount is available:
To get discount, when you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount
Customer:

thanks, ***** ***** to fit?

George-Allsorts :

Relatively easy... Open the door of the appliance, remove the retaining ring from the door seal, pull back the door seal and the door lock is there to your right... unplug and replace... Alternatively you can opt to remove the front panel of the appliance to do the job

Customer:

I can feel the lock, but cannot see how to remove it

George-Allsorts :

On this one.. gently pull back the rear edge and then slide the lock out of the front panel

George-Allsorts :

There is an emergency door latch opener attached to the rear end of the lock on this one, turn it sideways once the door lock is uncoupled from the appliance to remove the emergency latch puller

George-Allsorts :

Once rated, and once you have received your door lock, you can return to me to assist further if required

Customer:

Thanks, ***** ***** feel that there is something attached on the rear side, but having problems uncoupling the lock and dont want to force it and break something else. might wait until the replacement comes!!

George-Allsorts :

OK.. If I get the chance, and I find the right washing machine to do it with, I will do you a small video to help you... That is if I have one of those in the warehouse

George-Allsorts :

Once rated, you can return to me to assist further if required