Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a NEFF dishwasher, type SM6P1F. Recently the door was

I have a NEFF dishwasher, type SM6P1F. Recently the door was opened beyond it's normal horizontal position, when my daughter sat on it...
Now the door latches closed OK & the programme starts, but there isn't enough tension so the cycle stops prematurely. More recently, steam is getting past the door seal and has affected the door of an adjacent unit.
My question is whether there is any way to increase the spring tension or adjust the door closure mechanism? Some other units allow for adjustment to compensate for different weights of decorative panel being fitted. If not adjustable, can the door closure mechanism / springs be replaced, or do I need to buy a new machine?
Cheers,
Mark
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Im afraid these dishwasher dont have any tension adjustment as the spring in the hinges are preloded so cannot be adjusted.

Now this can be repaired but you will need to replace both door hinges and fingers crossed that should do it.

But ive seen this fault a lot were someone has fallen on the door but its not always just the door hinges. Sometimes the innder door skin can bend at the bottom and sometimes this also needs to be replaced. But you wont know if this is faulty untill you have stripped it down and remove the door panel to check it.

Its a 50/50 change if its just the hinges only. Or both the hinges and the innder door skin.

But they can both be replaced so thats not a problem so theres no need to replace the dishwasher.

Now there is a option Neff do. Its a 12 month warrenty and the first time fix for about £16 a month roughly so for that price it may be better for them to do it. As its a complete strip down of the front and the hinges and inner door skin are quite expensive on these.

But this can be repaired not a problem. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks! Where can I find part numbers or exploded drawings showing how it all fits together?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also, is the Neff warranty you mention available if the machine is 3 yrs old? If so, where can I get it?
Thanks,
Mark
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

To get the part numbers and the diagrams click the link below and enter the full model number in the search box and it brings all the exploded diagrams up with the part numbers as well.

http://www.neff-eshop.com/eshop/neff/gb/sparepartsearch1.htm

As to the neff warrenty it applies to all Neff appliances no matter the age. Its done through domestic and general. You need to ring Neff customer services on 0344(###) ###-####and they will talk you through it.