Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have an American style LG fridge freezer (model L207EQ). The

Customer Question

We have an American style LG fridge freezer (model L207EQ).
The ice maker works fine but the dispenser does not. At present there is no water or ice coming out when the lever is pressed to dispense one of the options.
Is there a simple solution to this which I can do?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve.
How old is your fridge?
Also dies the ice maker , make ice in the bin and to be sure, the door dispensers are the only things that aren't working correct?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Michael,

We have had the fridge for at least 8 years so appreciate that this may not be a problem that can be resolved.

The ice maker does appear to be making ice okay but nt dispensing it. LIkewise, until a few days ago there was chilled water coming out of the dispenser now that's not working either.

Apart from that the fridge and freezer appear to be fine.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Jenny for that information;-)
What the problem is has to do with the in door dispenser. There is a circuit board in there, it controls the water flow to the doors dispenser and also the ice dispenser. To fox this you would need to order that board.
I can help you replace that, its pretty east requiring only a few basic hand tools and no soldering!
The best place to check for that dispenser board is http://www.4lg.co.uk/
Its best to call them for this part to check availability and up to date pricing. Here is their phone contact information for your convenience:
Order by Phone: 0844 55 70 260.
I will stick with you until the unit is fixed properly.
But please rate my service thus far to you before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost until you have this repair complete;-)
Thank you Jenny and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for that.

Once I have the dispenser board how do I access the original one to replace?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jenny, the panel is inside the dispenser, when you have the board let me know if it comes with any special instructions as they sometimes make small wiring changes. Also I will help you make the replacement;-)
Thank you Jenny!
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
x