George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an AEG D98000VF-M Cooker Product Code ********* and

I have an AEG D98000VF-M Cooker Product Code ********* and I want to fit a new hinge to the left hand side of the Grill Door. Please advise how I access the hinge - do I need to take the side off the cooker or can it be done from the front of the appliance? Any tips or diagrams would be most helpful.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** at the diagrams from the manufacturer, it seems that yes, you do need to remove the side panel.. I have posted a diagram to help you understand

Look at image area marked 7

Full Size Image

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

How does the side panel come off? Do I need to remove the hob top?

George-Allsorts :

There are screws at the rear and under the hob-top.. If I recall correctly there are also some at the front edge

Customer:

So if I remove these screws will the side panel come off without having to interfere with the hob top?

George-Allsorts :

If I recall correctly, yes..

George-Allsorts :

However, the hob top is not hard to remove if you need to

Customer:

That sounds good to me. I do not have the replacement hinge yet - it is in the post to me. How do I get in touch again if I need to chat further about this?

Customer:

Do you think this is a job for a capable DIYer? I don't want to mess up an expensive cooker!!

George-Allsorts :

Once you have rated my assistance to you I ill be available to you in 'my questions' under this same link

Customer:

Thanks George - I'll let you know how it goes in a day or two when the part has arrived.

Customer:

Thanks Peter

George-Allsorts :

You're welcome, George

Please remember to rate the assistance before leaving the page.. Use the smiley faces to do so