George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We have an Arctis Freezer. The red warning light started flashing

Customer Question

We have an Arctis Freezer. The red warning light started flashing some 6 weeks ago - I tested the compressor by directly connecting - and it ran ok. So I replaced the starter and running capacitor and this seemed to cure it - but now the light has returned, and if I turn it off and back on again, the compressor kicks in for a second, then goes off again (as it was doing originally)! The quick freeze button also seems to have no effect. My choices now seem to be a new temperature probe and/or printed circuit board - any idea which it might be?! The lights are not all on which I think happens if the probe is not working so it points to the circuit board - is there any way of testing this as replacement is quite costly!!
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** kicking in and then off again, is it in the forl of a 'Click ....CLICK'?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

George-Allsorts :

or does it 'click.. run.. Click'?

George-Allsorts :

And can I have the model number please

JACUSTOMER-5k20zzuy- :

It's the compressor starting up - and then stopping! If I touch the compressor - I can feel it start - but it does't continue.

George-Allsorts :

Yes, you can feel the click as it starts, but does it then run for a few seconds or does it click again without running?

JACUSTOMER-5k20zzuy- :

Hardly a few seconds - maybe just a second - then it stops - no further clicks!

George-Allsorts :

And the Fast Freeze as no effect?

JACUSTOMER-5k20zzuy- :

No - it does not seem to do anything - the light comes on but no noises whatsoever.

George-Allsorts :

If you have tested the compressor correctly then this sounds like a problem at the PCB side as the Fast Freeze by-passes the thermostat restrictions..

Can you let me know the model number of the appliance please

JACUSTOMER-5k20zzuy- :

AEG Arctis - model ********* /p>

George-Allsorts :

Can you re-type that with a # ***** before the number

JACUSTOMER-5k20zzuy- :

Yes - Arctis model #922055920 - I think thats the product number also have 2674-6GS as a model.

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for that.. one moment please

George-Allsorts :

For future reference, your model is: (A2674-6GS F WHI H GB)

George-Allsorts :

For information about the sensors:

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-5k20zzuy- :

That might be a clue - it does sometimes come on and then run for a bit then stop - perhaps I should check every 20 minutes or so and see if there is a cycle?

George-Allsorts :

Ok.. here comes a test procedure .. I can not go to far into this as it would take up masses of time.. so I'll send it to you... You'll need to download it straight away as it will delete itself after 2 mins

JACUSTOMER-5k20zzuy- :

ok

George-Allsorts :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gb8hss1kjahscje/PCB-Test.pdf?dl=0

George-Allsorts :

Did you get it?

JACUSTOMER-5k20zzuy- :

Ok thanks - got it - computer froze just as downloading!!

JACUSTOMER-5k20zzuy- :

Thanks for response - will test and see how it goes!

George-Allsorts :

e remember to rate the assistance given this morningOk.. Pleas