George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Indesit Dishwasher model DIF04UK The dishwasher seem to

Indesit Dishwasher model DIF04UK
The dishwasher seem to be in a delayed start mode- can you tell me how to rectify this
thank you
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** the delay start several times slowly until the light goes out

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

no luck with this the machine is off how do I re start it at the moment pressing the start button does not switch machine on

George-Allsorts :

To restart the appliance, on open the door, set program, press start, close door

Customer:

there is no light on the start button at all or the program button

George-Allsorts :

Check your switch on the wall, fuse in the plug, consumer unit (fuse boxe) trip switch

Customer:

just tried both the start and program together and the lights came on ready to go but we know from previous times that after cycle the lights will go out and we will not be able to reset untill a number of hours have passed. all has been checked as asked

George-Allsorts :

If the lights are now on then the switch on the wall, fuse in the plug, consumer unit (fuse box) trip switch, are all ok

George-Allsorts :

now open the door, set your program, and shut the door

Customer:

yes but how do we start again after this wash as before we could just reload and go again now all lights are out and when we press the start nothing happens until after a delay of a number of hours

George-Allsorts :

Are you saying that you have just done as I have asked and the delay start has come back on again?

Customer:

no - the machine is ready to go(but is now empty) but previously after a cycle if i did put it on all the lights will go out and we could not re start it for several hours

Customer:

do you want me to try it and get back to you

George-Allsorts :

To start the dishwasher, open the door and press the ON/OFF button, you will hear a short beep and the ON/OFF and wash cycle indicator lights switch on for a few seconds. Select the wash cycle you want to use, then shut the door, after a few seconds you'll hear a long beep and the machine will start washing

George-Allsorts :

Try that and get back to me.. If anything stops the dishwasher, make a full note of what has happened and let me know

George-Allsorts :

Please remember to rate the assistance this morning accordingly and I'll assist you further when you return

Customer:

yes we have done that and it is washing but as before after wash we can not use as all lights go out and we can't restart can we get back to you after this if the problem still occurs

George-Allsorts :

Certainly, so long as you rate the assistance this morning accordingly I will assist you further when you return

Customer:

how do I get back on line to you

George-Allsorts :

At the end of the cycle you'll hear two short beeps and one long one and the indicator light to
the wash cycle that you chose will start flashing slowly, open the door...

If anything different happens, let me know

Once rated, the question will be saved into your 'My Questions' on just answer... You should also receive an email with a link to the question.

Customer:

thanks George will do !

George-Allsorts :

You're very welcome

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair