George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Zanussi oven, model number ZDQ995X. Lower oven element around

Zanussi oven, model number ZDQ995X.
Lower oven element around fan does not switch off after on/off switch has been pressed to off. Also oven appears to not respond to temperature setting and just gets very hot. Help!
Regards, Dave.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Dave, my name is George.. Can you let me know the PNC of the cooker please.. you'll find it next to the model number

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

Hello George,

Customer:

PNC number is *********

George-Allsorts :

Sorry Dave, can you type that again and put a # ***** before the numbers

Customer:

#944171376

George-Allsorts :

Thanks Dave.. Give me a few minutes please whilst I look at the build of your appliance

Customer:

Ok.

George-Allsorts :

Hi Dave, from the look of the wiring diagram and the rest of the information I have here, it looks as if you have a fault with the main control board...

George-Allsorts :

On this cooker, the main control board controls everything.. Had it just been a sensor then the oven would be able to switch off the element..

What I am assuming (not possible to tell for definat without testing) the main relay on the board is stuck closed causing a permanent current to the element

Customer:

Hello George,

Customer:

Can the main relay be replaced or will I be needing a new main control board? Are you able to give me part numbers for the main relay and the main control board.

George-Allsorts :

I can not give numbers for the relays as they are not listed .. However, you may be able to get the board repaired by an 'applied electronics' company such as EMW Electronics or someone similar..

George-Allsorts :

The board number is 3306749411

George-Allsorts :

Best contacting Zanussi themselves before replacing the board as they may have updated to a new version of the board

George-Allsorts :

Zanussi - #03445-612-612- www.zanussi.co.uk

Customer:

Thanks very much, you've been a big help.