George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My bosch double oven bulb needs replacing but the fitment the

My bosch double oven bulb needs replacing but the fitment the bulb screws into came out on the old bulb. i cant get the piece back in to screw the new bulb in, what can i do please?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you supply the Enr from the cookers data plate please

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

JACUSTOMER-0j9yoevi- :

HBM1382518

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for that.. one moment please

George-Allsorts :

is there a /xx after the number you gave?

JACUSTOMER-0j9yoevi- :

sorry forgot to put that in /47

George-Allsorts :

George-Allsorts :

Well, I am surprised, the part is not an expensive part and if bought from the following link comes together with a new glass lens

Bosch Cooker Lamp Assembly

If you are buying from the link above, discount is also available
When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount

George-Allsorts :

To change the lamp holder you need to remove the oven from the cavity and remove the top cover... The rear of the lamp holder is there.. The rest is self explanatory

George-Allsorts :

Once rated, If you need any further help, just go to the 'My Questions' area of your JustAnswer and the link to this question will be there.. Otherwise, use the link in the email sent to you

JACUSTOMER-0j9yoevi- :

So your saying i have to replace the whole lamp assembly because one piece has come out? It is a double oven, the bulb is from the main oven which is below the small one. It isnt even a year old yet so why would the fitment come out so easily, surely it could go in the same way, just wont stay put!!

George-Allsorts :

Ok.. If the oven is not a year old yet, contact Bosch on #0344-892-8979 to arrange an engineer visit as the appliance is still under warranty

Don't try do it yourself and there will be no need for you to purchase the part as the warranty should cover it.

George-Allsorts :

If you try to replace it yourself and do any damage then the warranty becomes void

JACUSTOMER-0j9yoevi- :

It was bought through the company that fitted my kitchen, not bosch direct, so will they still honour the warranty?

George-Allsorts :

Yes, your warranty for the appliance is with Bosch themselves and not the kitchen company

George-Allsorts :

Contact Bosch on #0344-892-8979

JACUSTOMER-0j9yoevi- :

Okay, many thanks, ***** ***** it would result in having to get out an engineer to replace a bulb!!!

George-Allsorts :

Normally, I would say push the holder into place and turn.. as this would normally lock it into place, but I can't see what has happened to stop yours staying in

George-Allsorts :

It is not your fault that the holder has come out.. don't be so down on yourself

JACUSTOMER-0j9yoevi- :

Not down on myself, frustrated and a bit cross that something that could be so simple to replace is complicated by a manufacturing fault and having the hassle of getting in an engineer now!!

George-Allsorts :

I can imagine how you feel.Yes..