George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

, I have a belling 5 ring gas hob. The wok burner thermocouple

Hi, I have a belling 5 ring gas hob. The wok burner thermocouple failed so I purchased a genuine replacement part for it. Unfortunately the new part has been upgraded with a different thermocouple fixing nut. Do you know the new fixing nut size? I think the pitch is 1.00mm.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you pst the model number for the appliance please.. This will be either underneath the hob or on the rear of the bookelet for the appliance

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: hi George, the model of my Belling is GHU70GC. I bought the new thermocouple from Espares. The thermocouple is a match for a similar Stoves type thermocouple. The original fixing nut does not fit the new thermocouple. I think the pitch is 1.0mm.
George-Allsorts :

They may have sent you the wrong thermocouple... This happens regularly... One moment whilst I check on that model

George-Allsorts :

dDo you happen to have the SKU number for the appliance?

Customer: That's what I thought. They are insisting its compatible. Getting annoyed with them! Tom
George-Allsorts :

Do you happen to have the SKU number for the appliance Tom?

George-Allsorts :

or the actual model that begins with 444

Customer: Sorry George, I don't. The part number is ***** legible. Will try & decider some of the details.
Customer: Already fitted the thing in. Will have to strip apart to get.
Customer: They have sent me a STV0892938 600mm thermocouple. Which I'm assuming is the compatible Stoves part number. Do you think you can find the fixing nut from that?
George-Allsorts :

Can you not get the model or SKU from under the hob or from the rear of the booklet Tom?

Customer: Sorry!!!!! Wrong part number!!!! It's STV083077
Customer: No booklet. Number missing ( all details missing)
George-Allsorts :

I can check each model for their relative parts but in order to do so I need the 44444xxxx number

George-Allsorts :

One moment please

George-Allsorts :

Hi Tom I'm back, are you there?

Customer: Sorry George. Just getting a brew! ūüė¨
George-Allsorts :

LOL.. me too

George-Allsorts :

OK.. Can you tell me if your hob is a 2010 or a 2013 model?

Customer: Hard work this typing! 2013 model.
George-Allsorts :

Thanks ... one moment

George-Allsorts :

Ok, back again

Customer: Excellent mate.
George-Allsorts :

Here is the information I can find for the 2013 model

906 ###-##-#### THERMOCOUPLE wok 1 27/10/2010 00:00:00 14/07/2013 23:59:59

A580 ###-##-#### NUT Brass M6 x 0.75 1 20/01/2011 00:00:00 31/12/2099 00:00:00
580 ###-##-#### NUT flanged locking 4 12/02/2010 00:00:00 14/07/2013 23:59:59

Customer: Brilliant George!! Really appreciate the info! Tom
George-Allsorts :

I don't know if that means that there is supposed to be a clip for the thermocouple and nuts for the rings, or some other configuration

George-Allsorts :

Hope that helps.. Let me know if you need anything further

George-Allsorts :

---------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate accordingly before leaving.. Use the smiley faces to do so

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair