Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Zanussi ZDT 12011 FA 10 months old. Not used weeks.

Zanussi ZDT 12011 FA 10 months old.
Not used for 2 weeks. Swwitched on and it bleeps 3 times. Motor running and will
not stop when door opened.
Have swiched off power and water.
Any Answers? Thanks
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK first things first, this appliance comes with a two year warranty, do you want to start messing about with it an invalidate the guarantee before we start? ~ secondly which motor is it that is running, is it the circulating pump motor or the drain pump motor? ~ Ian

Customer:

I think it is the drain pump motor

Customer:

Do not want to invalidate guarantee

Dales-Electronic :

Are you able to pull it out and tip it back slightly?

Customer:

not really, it is built in buy can try

Dales-Electronic :

OK this is the likely problem, you have a sensor in the base that detects if there is a water leakage into the base area, if so the appliance switches the drain pump on permanently ~ if you can remove the front kickstrip and get access to the base area using a torch you should be able to see if the base has any water in it ~ if so then shove a towel in there to dry it up and that should rectify your problem for the time being ~ bearing in mind that it is still under warranty I would get an engineer out if it does this again ~ Ian

Customer:

Many thanks for your help.

Dales-Electronic :

OK would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, once done you can ask further questions on a free of charge basis but this allows me to close the job down on the system. If you have further questions later come back to me your call is automatically directed to my address. ~ Ian