George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Bosch classic 1200 express washing machine has malfunctioned

Customer Question

My Bosch classic 1200 express washing machine has malfunctioned since yesterday. It did not complete its usual washing cycle. I have drained it and cleaned filter. When I turn it on now all the red lights flash under the spin sign and the was red light is also flashing.
Thank you for any advice.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Michael :

Good morning richard are you here?

JACUSTOMER-19upq57s- : Yes
Michael :

How old is your washer?

JACUSTOMER-19upq57s- : 8 years and no prior problems
Michael :

Thanks,

Michael :

Have you tried a reset? Please unplug the washer or turn power off at the mains for 5 full minutes and let me know if when you power the washer if the lights are still flashing and if they flash before you turn it on

Michael :

before you do that, try this

Michael :

press and hold the ON button for 15 seconds

Michael :

let me know if it resets

JACUSTOMER-19upq57s- : No have only unplugged for approx 30seconds. I will leave it unplugged now for 5mins
Michael :

please plug it back in now

Michael :

thy this: press and hold the ON button for 15 seconds

Michael :

that should reset it, unless there is another problem we will cover that if we need to;-)

JACUSTOMER-19upq57s- : Is the on button the start button?
Michael :

yes

JACUSTOMER-19upq57s- : I have plugged back in and have knob on spin. I have pressed start button for 15secs but lights still flashing
Michael :

Thank you, ***** ***** case the main control panel has failed and will need to be replaced

Michael :

Its easy to replace no soldering only wired clips

Michael :

I wish I had better news for you I really do

Michael :

You can do this with my assistance and just a few basic hand tools

Michael :

did you want to order that part?

Michael :

if so the best place for that would be Espares phone: 0844 9777 888

Michael :

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.

Michael :

I will stick with you until the unit is fixed properly.

But please rate my service thus far to you before closing this page.

It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost until you have this repair complete;-)

Tech Michael

Michael :

you wont lose me and when you rate, i will set us up on Q & A no charge;-)

Michael :

Are you still here?

Michael :

I will switch us to Q & A if you cant respond

Michael :

I have switched us to Q & A it works better

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
please rate my service, I will still be here with you and you can ask me further questions and I will help you with the part replacement as well no charge to rate my service;-)
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is George..

Please check the motor brushes in your motor...

The flashing lights are a fault code to indicate that there is a problem and the motor can not spin.

Once you change them you will have to reset the appliance.. You may need to attempt this three or four, or even more times before success, and the reset will depend on the model you have.

Only very rarely do the motor brushes deteriorate to the point that they damage the board.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.