Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

there, I hope you can help - my Zanussi washing machine

Hi there,
I hope you can help - my Zanussi washing machine is driving me mad! Over the last few days when you press the button to start a cycle it sounds like the cycle is about to start and then it makes a clicking noise and stops. I have emptied the water using the little plug at the front, put some fresh water in the drawer and hit the drain button and then when the drain cycle had finished I could do a wash. This morning I put a washing machine cleaner in and put the machine on a 60 degree wash - it started off ok but then after about half an hour it stopped with the water in the drum and I had to drain it manually again - rather messy. But now it is properly not working and I am just getting the clicking noise. There are no error messages coming up just this clicking sound. Do you think there is a blockage in the pipe maybe? It does smell like there is some stagnant water somewhere? The machine is an Essential 1400 6kg. Would be grateful for any help.... Thx Elly
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

Good morning

Michael :

May i have the model #?

Michael :

Are you there?

Customer:

Hi Michael, I think it is ZWD14270W

Michael :

Thanks Elly

Michael :

does the machine run at all

Michael :

even with the noise

Customer:

it sounds like it is about to start the washing cycle for a couple of seconds and then makes some clicking noises and stops so I guess the answer is no at the moment

Michael :

Can you tell where abouts on the machine you hear the clicking is it near the bottom or the controls? Or even the back

Michael :

also, does it fill with water at all?

Customer:

its not filling with water at all at the moment - let me go and listen to the noise again and I'll let you know where I think it is coming from - hold on a sec

Michael :

ok;-)

Michael :

please explain the clicking sound, does it chatter, or click once or more?

Michael :

thank you for your patience as this is a technical issue

Customer:

its a 2 part click if that makes sense - it goes click click and it is coming from the front of the machine just below the control panel as far as I can tell

Michael :

Thank you for all your helpful information will it run if you set the machine to either hot or cold

Michael :

Customer:

Let me try... will be as quick as i can - just tried cold and then 95degrees - no luck on either

Michael :

thanks this i means the control panel is bad

Michael :

there is a failed relay circuit but they only sell the whole board

Michael :

Its easy to change with no soldering either just plug in clips

Michael :

I can tell you where to get that part if you want to make this repair?

Customer:

ok - I guess this is an engineer job :( any idea how much this would cost? or do you think I could do it?

Michael :

The board is about $150.00

Michael :

labor depends on your area

Customer:

what's that in £ roughly?

Michael :

Hi Im not sure on that because they price things differently here in the US where I am located;-)

Customer:

Ok Michael, thanks for your help, at least I know not to keep playing about with it anymore!

Michael :

your very welcome, please rate kindly and have a great day!