George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I've just removed and cleaned my bosch oven door, and it is

Customer Question

I've just removed and cleaned my bosch oven door, and it is already to be put back in. However, I've locked the locking levers back, and I can't open them - so I can't put the door back on!
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

hi, thanks

Michael :

may I have the full model # ***** your oven?

Michael :

are you there?

Michael :

Since I haven't seen reply from you I will set us up on Q & A, it works better and wont cost you anything additional;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
May I have the full model # ***** your oven?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hba63b251b

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HBA63B251B

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that information,
Your best (Safest way) to fix this is to remove the hinges from the mount so you can carefully reset the hinges;-)
I will stick with you until the unit is fixed properly.
But please rate my service thus far to you before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost until you have this repair complete;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That sounds complicated! Is that easy to do? How do I do it?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, your oven door hinges are attached with screws, they need to come out to remove the hinge. Then you can reset them in the extended position so you can re mount the door;-)
Let me know how its going.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There's no way I'm going to get the hinges out without unscrewing the whole of the sides of the oven door, and I really don't want to do that, to be honest.

I think I'll have to get someone to come and do it.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I understand, you can actually get the hinges open but it can be dangerous as they are heavily loaded. I have doe it that way before but do not recommend that.
You would really need to remove the screws to do this safely.
I'm here if you need further information.
Tech Michael
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is George.

Whilst the door is flat on a surface with the hinges away from you, using a gardening glove or oven glove, to push the hinge away from you whilst operating the latch to lock it into position with the other hand.

Do be careful; Whenever the hinges are not locked, they can snap shut with great force.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.