Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Got a fairly new Rinnai 58e. I have no hot water to the hot

Customer Question

Got a fairly new Rinnai 58e. I have no hot water to the hot tap. The gas is on, the pilot is lit, flame setting on high and temp setting on high. The cold water is entering the heater and is exiting via the hot water outlet but is still cold. B T W the cold water to both sinks are ok but at a weak flow rate. One sink is a single tap only the other is set up for hot and cold. Also the boiler does not ignite when I turn the hot tap on.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi , it sounds like the flow switch is faulty and needs replacing

Customer:

Most likely the diaphragm washer

JACUSTOMER-d879zfhm- :

Hi mate, does that mean if the diaphragm washer is u/s I need a new flow switch or would a new washer cure it

Customer:

No , sorry there is no flow switch, its a combined water , gas valve . as the water goes through the diagram washer opens the gas valve and lights the burner.the washers split and need to be replaced

JACUSTOMER-d879zfhm- :

Thankyou mate

Customer:

Your welcome

JACUSTOMER-d879zfhm- :

Hi, Mate is replacing the diaphragm washer a task I could do myself and is the part expensive

Customer:

Part is very cheap. Have AQ look at the main water,gas valve and see if the diaphragm washer looks like something you could do

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

Washer looks like this so look for the area in the valve it goes to . you will just have to turn the wawer off and undo a few nuts

JACUSTOMER-d879zfhm- :

Final post. I have looked at the rinnai blow up schematic and it shows it quite clearly under the gas control valve section , part no LG-0307. Thanks for your help, I will rate accordingly. Regards ***** ***** END

JACUSTOMER-d879zfhm- :

Seems ive to click accept

Customer:

Your welcome , all the best Phil