KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

, I have a whirlpool dishwasher model number 851162315712,

Hi, I have a whirlpool dishwasher model number 851162315712, when I switch it on it goes for a few seconds then the light on then left hand side near the temperature knob starts to flash and it stops sometimes a F7 message comes up in the timer box. Any idea what the problem is?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

Customer: I think it is about seven years old
KevinWhiteJA :

o k and please tell me its model number...it might start from ADG ....

Customer: The model number I have found is 851162315712 and the serial number is330812003382 I have also found adg630 1X on the inside, not sure if this is what you need?
KevinWhiteJA :

F 7 is a flow meter error which indicates the problem...you will have to check the water inlet valve and hose and make sure it is clean

KevinWhiteJA :

after cleaning if the problem is still there then water inlet valve has to be replaced

Customer: The dishwasher is fitted in so where do I find the hoseand valve?
KevinWhiteJA :

you'll have to pull it out to check the inlet

Customer: Ok will try it do I leave this line open or can I come back to it when I have the dishwasher out and tried the hose?
KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....

Customer: Thanks
KevinWhiteJA :

Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: Had the hose off the back and the connections looked clean though I did give them a wipe too, should I have taken anything else off, as I have tried it again and it is still not working?
KevinWhiteJA :

OK, if you have cleaned the valve and hose completely then please try this as well...with the dishwasher unplugged...take the base off and then clean it completely...make sure it is clean and dry...plug it back and let me know if the problem is still there