George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

AEG Competencce D4100-1m need replacement heating grill element

AEG Competencce D4100-1m need replacement heating grill element ********* can source, but not sure how to fix. also holding screws to chassais have long gone.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you provide the Product code / PNC of the appliance from the data label please...

Can you also explain your problem a little clearer. It sounds like you: need a grill element, need to know how to fit it, and have lost the screws that hold the grill element in.. Is that correct?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

the product code for the appliance is ********* and I have ordered a 2800watt dual grill heating element from AEG, which comes up as compatible (awaiting delivery).

Customer:

I need to know how to fix it, and what screws hold it to the chassais as these are long gone and dont think the new one includes them

Customer:

Soor, the grill part no is ********** /p>

Customer:

should say (sorry the grill part no is **********

Customer:

for appliance ********* /p>

George-Allsorts :

Sorry, none of the numbers that you have left for me are visable as the system has starred them out.. Can you kindly re-type them but put a # ***** before each set of numbers.. ie. #0000000000

Customer: The numbers are:
Customer: appliance #944171156, grill #3117699011
George-Allsorts :

To fit the new element into the cavity, use normal self tapping screws of the same size as the holes in the cavity structure..

Here is an image that shows the fixing points highlighted in yellow

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

You'll need to take of the back cover of the oven in order to fit the wiring..

George-Allsorts :

I have the wiring diagram here ready for when you need it

Customer:

How does the back cover come off, does the whole oven need to be removed from its frame?

George-Allsorts :

Hello, yes, the oven will need to be removed from its housing in order to unscrew and remove the rear panel to connect the wiring.

Can I ask you to now rate the assistance in answering you query todate...

Once you have rated my assistance, I will then be available for further assistance to you regarding this issue.. Once rated, the appearance of the page will change to Q&A, however, I will still be available for you to converse with me regarding your situation.