Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Samsung RSH7 American Fridge Freezer , it has stopped

I have a Samsung RSH7 American Fridge Freezer , it has stopped making ice cubes, there are no flashing lights on control panel, everything seems normal, no problem with the freezer side or fridge
any ideas please
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Customer:

Hi I have a Samsung American fridge freezer that s not making any ice cubes

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you press the top left and top right buttons in, the display should go blank for a moment and then should display either a horizontal or vertical bar where the temperature display is normally seen ~ let me know what you see?

Dales-Electronic :

hold the button pressed in until the display goes blank

Dales-Electronic :

type 'buttons'

Customer:

panel went blank, now temperature is now being shown again

Dales-Electronic :

OK when the panel went blank did you see any bars light before it went back to temperature? You have a period of about 5 seconds or slightly more before it goes back to temperature display?

Customer:

the two top buttons are

Customer:

the top right hand button is the vacation one and the left hand button says power freeze on it

Customer:

the right hand button is the vacation button and the left hand one says power freeze on it

Customer:

the right hand button says vacation on it and the left one is the power freeze button

Dales-Electronic :

No in the display where the temperature is shown, if there is a fault these vertical and horizontal display bars indicate the component failure. Tell you what give my your telephone number preceded immediately by a # ***** I will call you and take you through the procedure ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

ie #1234 5677

Customer:

Many thanks 01652 628486