Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

after a bulb blew out on our Neff cooker hood, I have lost

after a bulb blew out on our Neff cooker hood, I have lost all power. I cannot find a plug or fuse anywhere. I have seen somewhere the plug maybe inside the exhaust pipe cover but although loose on the top, I cannot seem to remove from the main hood. How do I do that?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK give me a moment and I will look at the diagrams and see how it fits together ~ Ian

Customer:

OK

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you have a look at the rating plate and tell me the full ENr I need the numbers after the / as there are about 5 different versions ~ Ian

Customer:

Sorry, I forgot to enter these, it is /05

Dales-Electronic :

OK above is the link to the spare parts for this model, once you have a copy come back to me and I will take you through the removal process ~ Ian

Customer:

Shall I do that now or contact you later?

Dales-Electronic :

If you have time we can do it now, or if not I will be around later ~ I have to go out for a couple of hours just after lunch but otherwise I am working in the office ~ Ian

Customer:

I will look at it now and then get back to shortly

Dales-Electronic :

OK no worries

Customer:

OK, I have looked at the diagram and in our case, we only have a single section (the bottom as shown on the diagram) and it has been cut out on the top to fit the kitchen cornice. This part seems loose and I can move it out a centimetre or so but then it feels solidly mounted.

Dales-Electronic :

OK have you removed the screws, I can see four listed, two on each side screwing into two wall mounted brackets? Secondly you will see that the chimney panel quite often has a 90 degree lip that hooks around this bracket so to remove you have to undo the screws and then pull out the chimney to left and right to unclip these lips. Finally are you sure that there is no fused power switch located near the top of the chimney or did the fitter put it behind the cover?

Customer:

Sorry, I had to step away for a moment. I cannot find any fused power switch anywhere around the top of the stack or anywhere nearby in the kitchen (or fusebox). There are no screws visible from the outside of the stack so I will try to pry the chimney to remove it, be right back.

Dales-Electronic :

ok

Customer:

There do not appear to be any hooks as I can flex the sides of the chimney quite a bit. I am not able to remove the screws very easily at this point but I guess these must be the issue. So at this point, I don't know if you are able to help me any further since you have led to the right approach. The screws at the base seem very difficult to turn so I will have to work on this later. I thank you for your guidance.

Dales-Electronic :

OK would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, this allows me to close the job down on the system whilst letting you ask further questions free of charge if needed. Thanks you for you question and look forward to speaking to you next time ~ Ian

Customer:

Thank you...Ron

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.