Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

guys my Candy frost free fridge freezer has just all of

Customer Question

Hi guys my Candy frost free fridge freezer has just all of a sudden stopped working!?? My sister advised me to empty the 'drip tray' which I have done and it was full with water and dust. I then left it turned of for about 2 days and switched it back on but it still isn't working. I can constantly hear running water when it is turned on and i don't remember hearing this noise before. Can you help??
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK are you close to the appliance now and can you get around the back? ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-s2k755wu- :

yes it'll just take me a few seconds to move it..

JACUSTOMER-s2k755wu- :

Hi Ian I'm ready

Dales-Electronic :

OK has the f/f been running a while? If so can you put your hand on the motor (compressor) and tell me if it is hot to the touch?

JACUSTOMER-s2k755wu- :

i just turned it on again last night and switched it of about 10 mins ago and yes its hot to touch

Dales-Electronic :

OK and if you put it back on can you still hear a gurgling rather than a constant hissing inside the fridge compartment?

JACUSTOMER-s2k755wu- :

yes

JACUSTOMER-s2k755wu- :

hello Ian are you still there?

Dales-Electronic :

OK your appliance is short of refrigerant, what happens in this case is that the thermal cut out (which measures the temperature of the motor) cuts out the motor and once done can take hours to come back on. The motor is cooled by the refrigerant that is used to cool your food, if you lose the necessary refrigerant to cool the food so you lose the ability to cool the motor. You will need to call on the services of a appliance engineer able to do 'system work' that is able to recharge the appliance with the necessary refrigerant. This is a specialist job not one as a diy project as specific to refrigeration tools are required. If you don't have a guy local I can recommend one if you give me your postcode. Your only other course of action is to replace the appliance ~ sorry - Ian

JACUSTOMER-s2k755wu- :

Hi Ian my postcode is BT29 4WN do you have any idea what the cost would be? Even a ball park figure? Thanks

Dales-Electronic :

I would expect the engineer to charge you anywhere from between £65-100. Just let me check who is in your area ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

OK try this guy ~ Sean McCauley SMC Services on 02866 346789 who should be able to help you ~ what the weather like in Northern Ireland these days ~ takes me back a few years when I lived out in Lisburn ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-s2k755wu- :

Thanks Ian. Weathers clear but cold as usual lol. I've never seen as much rain as we had this year, it was awful! There were floods, electrical poles coming down due to severe winds. The mess left behind was like a tsunami had hit. But theres a silver lining as my family will be moving out to Jordan at the end of this year which was why I had asked for a price for repair as I really don't want to have to pay out a lot of money. It look like I'll be using the chest freezer and the table top fridge in the garage!! After all that do you miss Lisburn lol

Dales-Electronic :

Well watch out for those ISIS guys ~ in a way miss NI a lot, spent many an hour in Belfast with a period at Girdwood Park ~ the girls were tremendous fun and have to say it was the only place I have ever been where the women asked the men to dance!! Frightened the life out of me the first time I asked ~~ however without doubt the most beautiful women in the UK ~ I so nearly married one, often wonder what happened to her. ~ anyway could you now kindly rate my information to you using the smiley faces below, this allows me to shut the job down on the system but equally allows you to ask further questions if You need to do. Enjoy your time in Jordan and bring the sun back ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-s2k755wu- :

Thanks Ian. Good luck and god bless. Elizabeth x

Dales-Electronic :

And to You Elizabeth ~ take care and don't forget us back here ~ Ian (hugs and kisses)

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.