George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a fridge-freezer positioned where I cannot access the

Customer Question

I have a fridge-freezer positioned where I cannot access the model name/number. It was purchased in 2008. A green light on the left of the temperature control at the top, and on the front, of the fridge-freezer sometimes flashes for long periods. The lower (freezer) section temperature is registering -5 degrees. Do I have a problem here?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** model information and PNC is usually found on a label in the fridge, either to the left of, or behind, the salad compartment.

If your freezer is registering -5 then yes, you do have a problem... The freezer should at the bare minimum register -12

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

JACUSTOMER-xyz38ayh- :

Hello George, The model no is ZRB2630W and the freezer temp is now reading minus 22 on my freezer thermometer

JACUSTOMER-xyz38ayh- :

I am still awaiting a reply about why the green light was flashing

Hi Richard, the ON LED flashes when the defrosting heater is interrupted or its connector is disconnected

Do you have the PNC / Product Code I asked you for?.

Also, can you tell me if the compressor is running?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, the compressor is running and the temp is remaining constant at -22 deg. The product number is ***** 886 501-02 Type B258866

Then is there a posibility that the power was cut to the appliance whilst it was going through the defrost stage?

This would explain the flashing light... The defrost phase whould then stay on for one hour
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks George, the unit is presently connected to multi socket extension in the garage which is constantly being knocked about - thus it is likely that the power is being temporarily cut which initiates the defrost f

phase.

If that has happened.. It will explain the problem you were having