George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Fault on a bosch clasixx 1200 express washing machine. When

Fault on a bosch clasixx 1200 express washing machine. When selecting a programme only the spin lights flash and the start light doesn't illuminate so can't start the machine. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is George..

Can you tell me the Enr from the data label on the appliance please .. Also, Can you tell me if your previous wash ended normally or was the wash still wet

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

Enr number is ***** uk/8. The last load was still wet and hadn't ended. Thanks.

George-Allsorts :

OK.. the lights that are flashing are indicating that your previous wash didn't fully end and that the reason was a spin fault...

It is possible that the brushes in the motor are the cause, or the motor itself.. However, the fault is definately motor related...

Generally, replacement of the motor brushes and then a reset will cure the issue

Customer:

Great, thanks. How is the reset done?

George-Allsorts :

I can send you a link to the reset to the WAE but the link will only be valid for 2 mins

Customer:

yes please.

George-Allsorts :

Is yours the touch control

Customer:

yes

George-Allsorts :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2aj1rhblb9dlgs/Reset-WAE.txt?dl=0

George-Allsorts :

did you get it?

Customer:

yes, thanks and it seems to have reset ok. Will sort motor brushes and give it a try. Masny

Customer:

Sorry, meant to say many thanks at the end!

George-Allsorts :

Don't keep using the motor as it is as you could do irrepairable damage

George-Allsorts :

Please leave an appropriate rating using the smiley faces

Customer:

ok, thanks.

George-Allsorts :

You're welcome