Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Morphy Richards power steamelite Steam Generater Iron.

I have a Morphy Richards power steamelite Steam Generater Iron. After descaling there is no steam coming from Iron and light comes on for water. Does this iron need a replacement Steam Generator Iron Water Feed Pump and if so how do I go about fitting it?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Could you give me the model number please ~ Ian

Customer:

42223

Dales-Electronic :

have you changed the anti scale filter?

Customer:

Not really sure about what you mean by that.

Dales-Electronic :

According to the parts manual I have here there is a replaceable anti~scale filter fitted to this iron. Was this changed at the same time as you did the descaling?

Customer:

There isn't any anti scale filter. A light comes on say to descale and then I just unscrewed underneath the base and rinsed it out.

Dales-Electronic :

Just hold on a moment and I will check again. ~ well according to the specs it has but nevertheless how old is it?

Customer:

Well, I have given you the correct serial No. from underneath the iron - 42223. I have booklet here beside me and I have gone by the instructions. The iron is about 18mths old. I did have an iron before this which had an anti scale file and I bought this particular model so I wouldn't have to replace a filter.

Customer:

Sorry meant to say anti scale filter

Dales-Electronic :

OK according to the brochure you have a two year warranty with Morphy Richards so in this case I wouldn't mess about with the iron ~ they can be contacted on 0845(###) ###-####for customer advice and if necessary will exchange the appliance if they think it is not user repairable ~ there are other than a few odd parts non available for this model

Customer:

Ok so. I will have to phone customer service. Thank you.

Dales-Electronic :

If you want to save yourself the cost of a repair, they have an exchange system in place that allows exchanges of failed in warranty products. I think that is you best course of action in this case. Now that our conversation is finished could you kindly rate my service to you using the smiley faces below, this allows me to close down the job but lets you ask further questions free of charge if you need more information. Thank you for you question and have a good day ~ Ian