Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Philips perfect care aqua but cannot get the steam

I have a Philips perfect care aqua but cannot get the steam working when i double click the button. I have emptied using calc care
please help!
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve.
May I have the full model # ***** the age of your perfect care aqua?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where would i find the model no? It's a Philips perfect care aqua and is about a year old

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi please look all over the unit because they put them everywhere lol;-)
Also how old is your steam iron?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it's about one year old.

I think the model no: is GC5620/02/BI

thanks

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that information.
The problem you have is related to an electronic component failure.
This iron may still be under warranty;-) Let me know, if it is Phillips will fix this free, if not I will let you know the best place to buy the parts needed to fix this if you want.
Please call Phillips for the repair issue:
020 79 49 02 40
Monday - Friday: 08:30 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm.
I will stick with you until the unit is fixed properly.
But please rate my service thus far to you before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost until you have this repair complete;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Appliance bought second hand on ebay so not under warranty. how much will components cost? May not be worth my while to replace them!

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I did some checking on this for you,
I hate to tell you, but unfortunately I don’t think the equipment involved here is worth the cost of repairs. You might even have suspected this yourself. For a lot less money than you spent on it years ago, you can fully replace it today. And for the same money, you can get higher performance with far more functionality as well. You can look online for a replacement unit, or go in person to a store.l want to fix this piece of equipment and cost is no object, let me know and I will try to help walk you through it. Or, if you want to scrap your equipment for parts, let me know and I’ll try to help you with that.
I hope you find this answer helpful. If you do, please remember to rate my service. Thank you!
Warmest regards,
Tech Michael