Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a turbomax 282/2.5 which after having radiator valve

I have a turbomax 282/2.5 which after having radiator valve changed is now noisy when heating radiators and when heating water. The system has had the inhibitor changed every 2 years and I have never had this problem after a refill before. There is no air in the system. I have put cleaner through and flushed through with clean water 3 times & refilled with new inhibitor. I have purges air from the radiators, but still i cannot stop the system from being very noisy & cutting out as overheats on either heating or direct water. The return line seems quite cool and the radiators are cooler at the bottom. Could this be a heat exchanger problem?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that.
Can you explain the noise its making?
Also how old is your system?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

System is 10 years old, but has been regularly cleaned and serviced. It is kettling , as if there is insufficient flow through the heat exchanger.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks Rich, this sounds like the heat exchanger is clogged. They sell chemicals to help clear that locally.
Most of us will live in a house where the primary source of heat comes from the boiler, due to the materials that boilers are made of, often rusting in each of the components may occur. How this occurs is due to the constant flow of water, producing sludge from rusting, which can cause blockages. Additionally if you live in a hard water area, you may experience build ups of limescale. This is how problems are caused as components cannot function correctly if blocked. Knowing how to keep the system clean is crucial to prevent blockages.
One of the components that may be affected further than others is the boiler heat exchanger. How it is worse affected is because the boiler heat exchanger spends most of its time submerged under water. How the boiler heat exchanger works is to carry heat that has been generated into the water itself, which is then pumped around your central heating system keeping you toasty on cold winter nights, so it is important to know how to clean it.
How to clean boiler heat exchanger with a power flush:
In order to clean a boiler heat exchanger, a power flush is often required, which can be carried out by one of our experienced engineers from Central Heating Flush. How a power flush works to clean a boiler heat exchanger is to pump a high velocity of water through your central heating system and boiler heat exchanger, dislodging the build up of sludge and limescale. After sludge has been removed from the whole system, including the boiler heat exchanger, a neutralising agent is pumped through your system and over the boiler heat exchanger, so only clean water is left in the system.
How to clean a boiler heat exchanger with a Magna Clean filter:
To completely remove any build ups of sludge that may be clogging up crucial components such as the boiler heat exchanger; Central Heating Flush recommend the Magna Clean filter. The Magna Clean filter provides a somewhat more efficient solution to maintain and clean the boiler heat exchanger. How it works by catching any sludge from pre-existing pipe work. Magna clean filters are recommended to keep the boiler heat exchanger clean and in full working order.
I prefer these Magna filters as you can see but many others are available for this.
Its best to have a heating specialist do the coil cleaning because they know exactly how to do it and when its fully clear;-)
I will stick with you until the unit is fixed properly.
But please rate my service thus far to you before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost until you have this repair complete;-)
Thank you Rich, also let me know if you need a good heating specialist for this in your area?
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.