Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I had a Valiant ECO tec plus boiler fitted six months ago.

I had a Valiant ECO tec plus boiler fitted six months ago. Last Wednesday the radiators stopped being heated. Initially I rang the supplier that fitted the boiler and was told it was Valiant I should ring.
I rang Valiant and they came out three days later - I was then told "External Controls - controls/equipment/wiring do not meet manufactuers installation requirements, also
No power to boiler from external controls. Connection 4 does not have 240 vaults when all controls are on"
and I had to go back to supplier.
I rang supplier and explained, initially they said they would look into it and get back to me - 3 hours later I rang them - they said they had spoken to the engineer and it was the thermostat that was faulty and as they hadn't fitted a new thermostat it wasn't their responsibility!!
Anyway backwards and forwards they eventually sent someone out who is now saying that it is the motorised valve that is not working properly, and they will send someone out today (no timing issued) and they will then be able to give me a price!
As you can imagine I have lots of questions, but I want to know if a new boiler is fitted and some of the old wiring, thermostat and timer are not replaced but work - should I be liable for the cost. Very confusing for me - hope you can help......
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

In this case the supplier is only responsible for the items that were supplied by them and cannot be held responsible for the existing control system. In fairness they seem to have been quite reasonable in that they are actually sending someone back to have a look and quote you for a repair ~ obviously you don't have to except this quote but irrespective the repair cost will be yours not the boiler manufacturer or supplier. Perhaps not what you wanted to hear but sadly the truth of the matter. Would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below ~ thank you for your question and good luck today ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your help