Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Bissell powerwash de luxe with dirt lifter power brush.:- old

Bissell powerwash de luxe with dirt lifter power brush.:- old machine but OK till now. Now I can't push the machine forwards because it jumps and sticks. Ok backwards.
Brushes turn Ok.
Brushes seem to be looser on on one side than the other. Should there be something that stops them moving forward....something missing?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me the full model and serial number please ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-wvvxs1uq- : No serial number.. As I told you it's a Bissell powerwas de luxe with dirtlifter
JACUSTOMER-wvvxs1uq- : I could find nothing about it in the instruction leaflets I downloaded.
Dales-Electronic :

There will be a label somewhere on the appliance that will give you the specific model number I need to help you further, it is four figures and can be followed by a letter depending on version, all Powerwash models start with 16...

JACUSTOMER-wvvxs1uq- : O don't have the macihine here, my daughter has borrowed it. It appears to be exactly like the diagram on the work sheets. It's about 10 years old...one of the first models
Dales-Electronic :

OK when you get the model give me a shout on here and we can take it further, in many the front roller and their retainers are supplied in kit form, in other not so which is why I need the specific model ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-wvvxs1uq- : Ok. How do I get Back to you?
JACUSTOMER-wvvxs1uq- : The rollers look OK anyway.
Dales-Electronic :

just sign back in and it will be transferred directly back to me, the rollers may be ok but the retainers may be worn which is why you have the extra movement

JACUSTOMER-wvvxs1uq- : OK thanks.
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian

I'm back at last with the model and serial number of my Powerwash deluxe. They are:

1691 E

and

05246302H

Hope this helps. Could you let me know what you think, please?

Looking at the diagrams I would suggest that you need to replace the left & right pivot arms and also the brush bar ~ should cost you about £15 and comes as a complete kit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. ***** best to get the replacements, and will I find it easy to do the replacement myself?
Try ~ www.partmaster.co.uk ~ but I would contact Bissell customer service first and get the correct part number. The sites that I have checked list the item as obsolete but the 1694 may fit ~ Ian