Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

I am having an old Baxi Bermuda Back Boiler replaced with a

Customer Question

I am having an old Baxi Bermuda Back Boiler replaced with a combi system under a grant.
The old Baxi system will be sealed off but the fire is to be left in place although it will
not work. Since everytime it is serviced a smoke bomb is put up the chimney I assume
chimney open and not sealed.
I would very much like to replace the useless fire with coal effect gas or electric fire. I
would like to know if this would involve work to the chimney - whether it is possible ato
have a fire outside the wall (where it is now) or would I have to seal off the chimney?
Which is the easiest way around this?
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
***** ***** : The easiest way is to remove th back boiler and fire and to have a gas fire put back in
***** ***** : \The gas is already there
***** ***** : The chimney is there but will need testing
***** ***** : I do not know why they left the old one in unless they are plain lazy?