George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

i have a built in aeg oven competence. numbers inside oven

Customer Question

i have a built in aeg oven competence. numbers inside oven 12649079 or 944 181 681. I have taken both glass out of door and removed door, however i am having trouble putting glass back into door. My supplier cant get out to me till monday. Can you help please. Mrs Joyce Rushton my mobile number is *****

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good morning Joyce,
hi, I am a appliance repair man for 30 years. if you are talking about between the two glass panels or just the rear glass facing in the oven. If it's the panels in the door between the 2 glass forget it. Removing and installing glass in oven doors is a pain. I have done it many times and it is not for a do it yourself-er. if the glass is discolored or cloudy. the seal can be bad or you just need new glass. this is really for for a tech. removing the door from the frame is either pulling the door open a quarter of the way then lifting it out or there is a screw or a clip that hold it in the hinge. taking it out is easy putting it back in is another story. Again I recommend a Professional.
I wish I had better news for you on this I really do Joyce but this one is really tricky to do especially without the experience and special tools. In this case its best to wait for the Technician to replace that.
I know its frustrating but its the best thing to do.
Have a great day Joyce and please let me know how it all turns out;-)
Tech Michael
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello Joyce, my name is George..

This procedure is not a job purely for a professional or technician as suggested by Michael.

The procedure is a simple procedure that is in the operating manual of your appliance on pages 46 and 47..

Here is a link to a copy of the procedure .. I hope this helps you

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.