George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I Have an iIndesit FI21K.BIXGB single oven I need to know

Hi I Have an iIndesit FI21K.BIXGB single oven I need to know how to remove control panel
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** read your problem correctly, is the problem you have that you have disconnected the control Panel but there are wires still attached to the neons?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

No that does not seem to be the problem The facsia is still in place an I can not move it it appears that there is something else holding it. I do not want to force it and o damage

Customer:

I can not disconnect the panel only take screws out

George-Allsorts :

Have you removed the oven from the cavity?

Customer:

No

Customer:

I do not think I should need to

George-Allsorts :

You need to remove the oven from the cavity in order to remove the control panel as it is held with screws from the rear

Customer:

I do not think it is because ther is a panel for sale on ebay and I wish i could show it to you>

Customer:

It is only a cover

George-Allsorts :

What is the ebay number of the panel.. put a # ***** before the long number

Customer:

221694295876 FORNO fi32Kbixgb

Customer:

#221694295876

Customer:

although I have cancelled If you could resolve this I will pay £16.00. I have to leave for the day i an hour. unfortunately

Customer:

I do not want to rate you yet as I do not think you have had a chance

George-Allsorts :

Hello again... I can see the type of control panel that you have...

You need to remove the knobs, remove the screws from behind the knobs, remove the screws from underneath the control panel edge that is above the grill. Then once the oven is removed from the cavity you will see a number of screws at the rear edge of the control panel that are holding it on.

George-Allsorts :

Feel free to go look at what I have said and then return to rate later

Customer:

I am a lady of 73 I do not think I can remove the oven from the caverty but leave it with me

Customer:

I have to go now

Customer:

makes sense

George-Allsorts :

My apologies, I forgot to release the question for you to rate.. Hopefully on your return you will have some good news for me.