George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162
Appliance

We have a whirlpool top and bottom oven built in by the builders

when the house was built... Show More
when the house was built in 2005. We can put the temperature to say 200 but after a while it will reset itself back to 160 degrees. Do you think the seal has gone or what would be your suggestion?
Show Less
replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is George..

Can you provide me with the service code of the appliance please...

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

JACUSTOMER-skozw9wv- : Is this inside the door? I can see Mod: AKZ161/03/1X 4.3KW
JACUSTOMER-skozw9wv- : also Type FCSM9 is this any good?there are also 2 barcodes. Thanks TONY
George-Allsorts :

The service code is a number usually starting with 85

George-Allsorts :

When you say it will reset itself back to 160, what exactly do you mean... Also, are the hinges shutting the door fully?

JACUSTOMER-skozw9wv- : Hi there is a number over the first bar code starting with 85 could this be it? 858516115120? When we switch the over on we select a temperature and wait for the 4 lights above to light up before putting any food in. If we select a temperature over 160degrees the oven will start to heat the food but very often - after a while - drop the temperature back to 160 without any intervention. If we are not watching we don't know when the temperature dropped so we find it hard to work out the timing and we also feel obliged to stay in the kitchen to keep an eye on the temperature.
George-Allsorts :

Is it always 160 degs that the temperature drops back to?

Is it when using the forced air cooking only, or is it with convection oven too?

JACUSTOMER-skozw9wv- : Yes always 160. We always cook with the fan control.
George-Allsorts :

Can you try heating the oven on a conventional setting ( Convection ) to see if the same problem occurs please

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Hi George, I must be really thick! This is a double oven and the one I am referring to is the bottom oven. Looking at the dial there are 3 settings. The first has a light and is used for the clock I think but we never use it. The second is MTLF (heat maintenance) and has 2 settings of 35/60 which we never use. The other setting is for the fan oven and this is the one we use all the time and where the temperature drops. Any help?
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager replied 2 years ago.

Hi Tony, I have looked at the diagrams and parts lists, and also the user manual for your appliance and come to the conclusion that the Electronic Oven Control Unit has to be the part at fault here, cutting the temperature back to the default 160deg setting for the oven once the set temperature has been reached... Alternatively, it is also possible for the Temperature sensor part number 481221058057 to also be the culprit

Your User Manual