Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

my siemens washing machine will not start, the drum symbol

Customer Question

my siemens washing machine will not start, the drum symbol is on, and start button flashes
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Customer:

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

Please tell me its complete model number

Customer:

and how old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-zy1n7hnm- :

E-NR WM12E46sGB/02

JACUSTOMER-zy1n7hnm- :

It is 4 years old

JACUSTOMER-zy1n7hnm- :

I have also read the manual and have followed the relevant maintenance instructions

Customer:

OK, have you also cleaned the drain filter ? If yes then let me know if this is electronic or one with dial ?

JACUSTOMER-zy1n7hnm- :

yes I have checked/cleaned the filter. it is on the front right (bottom) and screws off (dial) if that is what you are asking

Customer:

OK, I was asking about the control

Customer:

is it electronic or with dial ?

JACUSTOMER-zy1n7hnm- :

the control panel has a dial for the wash settings and then there are of course electronic buttons to make adjustments such as spin/ temp etc

Customer:

ok please try this and let me know if any other lights flash: First unplug the washer and then
Turn the dial to zero/off
Switch machine on at the wall
Turn dial clockwise to position 8 (spin)
Press & hold spin speed button
Turn dial clockwise to position 9 (empty)
Release spin speed button
All spin speed lights should turn off then turn the dial to zero/off
and then turn the dial to 40C wash....let me know if you get any other flashing lights

JACUSTOMER-zy1n7hnm- :

unfortunately no difference

JACUSTOMER-zy1n7hnm- :

start button still flashing

Customer:

ok and no other lights are flashing ?

JACUSTOMER-zy1n7hnm- :

Display panel
Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-zy1n7hnm- :

see image attached

JACUSTOMER-zy1n7hnm- :

start button flashes

Customer:

ok and do you also hear the beep sound ?

JACUSTOMER-zy1n7hnm- :

yes when I press the start button there is a beep and the machine doesn't start the cycle

Customer:

ok and it has stopped full or empty with water ?

JACUSTOMER-zy1n7hnm- :

it would not start the cycle so therefore there is no water

Customer:

ok, as it wont start at all however, the lights come on the problem is either with the water inlet or the door lock itself that is bad

JACUSTOMER-zy1n7hnm- :

ok and therefore what is your suggestion/recommendation?

Customer:

As you have already cleaned the drain pump/hose...please try to clean the inlet valve hose...if that is fine then check the door interlock mechanism

JACUSTOMER-zy1n7hnm- :

I've done all those things already

Customer:

ok and what happens if you leave the door open and then select any programmer and press start ?

JACUSTOMER-zy1n7hnm- :

nothing

Customer:

no other lights flash apart from the start light ?

JACUSTOMER-zy1n7hnm- :

correct

Customer:

OK, I believe it is the door lock that will need replacement..usually the washer will not start if the door lock is not working...try to close the door little harder then you normally do to check if it works

JACUSTOMER-zy1n7hnm- :

diddly

Customer:

ok then it is better to replace door lock mechanism

Customer:

Poor Service ?